Can I get in legal trouble w/ accountwarehouse?

Discussion in 'RuneScape Scripts, Botting, and Plugins' started by Austin25, Dec 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unread #1 - Dec 9, 2017 at 1:57 PM
  2. Austin25
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Austin25 Newcomer

I have recently sold my Oldschool runescape account to accountwarehouse and gave them all access to it for $160. They then emailed me that the account had been recovered and they were charging me 160$ back and that they would file a lawsuit if I didn't give them it back. I have not recovered the account, I no longer play runescape and tried to get the account back but can't be bothered too much to waste my time.

My question is, can they press charges on me for not being able to get them the account back?

My belief is after doing some research, they can't. As legally, runescape accounts aren't supposed to be sold in the first place. Meaning they could not legally resell them.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  3. Unread #2 - Dec 9, 2017 at 2:21 PM
  4. Storm Spirit
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Storm Spirit Active Member

Well, dont recover your account next time and there will be nothing to worry about

5. Unread #3 - Dec 9, 2017 at 2:23 PM
  6. Austin25
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Austin25 Newcomer

As I stated, I don't play anymore, i tried to get it back for them.. it was not me who recovered. Idiot.

7. Unread #4 - Dec 9, 2017 at 3:04 PM
  8. Syvecs
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Syvecs Active Member
    $50 USD Donor New

OBVIOUSLY it's not as bad as this but see it this way... if you're breaking a rule by buying/selling an item (E.G. your RS account) you have no legs to stand on with this matter...

It's like someone stealing your cocaine and weed off of you then reporting it to the police and taking it to court.

You will 100% be fine, just a scare tactic :)

Hope this helps.

9. Unread #5 - Dec 9, 2017 at 10:25 PM
  10. Gen
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    kickroll
    Signature of the Month Winner SOTMx2 SOTMx5 Member of the Month Winner Detective Writing Competition Winner Live Streamer SytheSteamer Twitter
    Verified UIM Verified Hardcore League of Legends Tournament Winner Official LoL Rank Verifier Verified Master WoW Classic Verified Overwatch Grandmaster Hey... this isnt a fun rank (2) Hoover (2) Gengar
    Pool Shark Poképedia Doduo Nitro Booster (3) Sythe's 15th Anniversary Tier 1 Prizebox Valentine's Day 2022

Gen Retired
    Retired Administrator Competition Winner Secret Asian Man Crabby

This does not belong in this section. My advice is to contact them directly and see if you can work out a deal. If not, “can’t be bothered too much to waste my time” recovering an account for them is not a very good excuse as you are the original owner and most likely the only one who can recover it.

^ Storm Spirit likes this.
< Private scripting | paying for help - bypassing rsps uuid ban >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site