Abortion

Discussion in 'Something For All' started by Shredderbeam, Jul 19, 2007.

Abortion
  1. Unread #361 - Apr 22, 2008 at 1:00 PM
  2. Shredderbeam
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Shredderbeam Hero

Abortion

A machine isn't a life, it doesn't have the right to kick somebody off itself if it wishes. If the owner of the machine wishes to do so, it's their call. Perhaps the person on life support can broker a deal with them.

3. Unread #362 - Apr 22, 2008 at 2:13 PM
  4. hashslinger
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

hashslinger Apprentice
    Banned

Abortion

Oops sorry bout the double. I lagged. Might as well make this a good post...

Many of you will say that the parents can't take care of it.

solution? If you get pregnate and You absolutely cant take care of it, you should put it up for adoption. Many people adopt babys into homes that can take care of them.

5. Unread #363 - Apr 22, 2008 at 3:12 PM
  6. Shredderbeam
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Shredderbeam Hero

Abortion

Why can't I just have an abortion?

7. Unread #364 - Apr 22, 2008 at 3:37 PM
  8. Fallen Soul
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Fallen Soul Apprentice

Abortion

Because its the persons fault...I say stop being a whore/slut and own up to your shit if you don't want it go with adoption but don't kill because your a worthless sack of skin.

9. Unread #365 - Apr 22, 2008 at 3:43 PM
  10. Shredderbeam
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Shredderbeam Hero

Abortion

Yes, it's their fault. Why does that preclude them from having an abortion? If they don't want to be pregnant at all, why shouldn't they have an abortion?

11. Unread #366 - Apr 22, 2008 at 3:44 PM
  12. Rycui
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Rycui Forum Addict
    Banned

Abortion

only reason wht I think abortion is ok is when you have get raped.

13. Unread #367 - Apr 22, 2008 at 3:52 PM
  14. Fallen Soul
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Fallen Soul Apprentice

Abortion

Cause its unethical its killing a human being. Like in your other posts in the Vegetarian thread. Its a rational being...right?

15. Unread #368 - Apr 22, 2008 at 3:53 PM
  16. Shredderbeam
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Shredderbeam Hero

Abortion

It's not a rational being. It's also a seperate being. Only rational, separate beings deserve rights.

17. Unread #369 - Apr 22, 2008 at 3:54 PM
  18. Mr James
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Mr James Forum Addict

Abortion

Babys in the womb do not have feelings or rationality so they do not count as a human being because they do not qualify for human rights.

Yes they come from the same species but they do not have th ability to "think for themselves" or give a point of view.

(Did I do good Vas? :p)

19. Unread #370 - Apr 22, 2008 at 4:08 PM
  20. Fallen Soul
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Fallen Soul Apprentice

Abortion

It will one day grow into a Rational, and Separate being as an animal will not. So are you saying that killing it before that is a Rational idea?

Ok im going to go a tiny bit off topic and ask you if you think its right or ok to have an abortion. Don't answer with why legally it should be, just answer with your opinion if it should. Why or why not. please and thank you.

21. Unread #371 - Apr 22, 2008 at 4:16 PM
  22. Mr James
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Mr James Forum Addict

Abortion

Yes but if you kill it before it has developed the ability to "think" then why shouldn't you kill it if you think it is for some advantage?

And even if there isn't a reason for the abortion, until the fetus can "think" it has no say in the way it is brought whether is it being killed (aborted) or not.

It is in theory the parents property until it can in someway state otherwise and are we not allowed to treat our property as we like?

23. Unread #372 - Apr 22, 2008 at 4:17 PM
  24. Shredderbeam
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Shredderbeam Hero

Abortion

It will, but until it is separate, and has become part of the species proper, it has no rights.

Personally, I think it's fine to have an abortion. It can be emotionally stressful on the woman, sure, but that's just a natural response.

25. Unread #373 - Apr 23, 2008 at 11:24 AM
  26. Mr James
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Mr James Forum Addict

Abortion

Precisely.

27. Unread #374 - Apr 23, 2008 at 11:45 AM
  28. Easter Bunny2
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Easter Bunny2 Bunny Pie
    Banned

Abortion

Now see, Shredder has raised a point which i will bring up. The Fetus is not an independent being, it is a "leecher". Without the mother to feed the fetus, it would die. The baby was also made by the woman's cells and organs (with help ;)). So, techincally speaking, the baby is a PART of the mother. So, i believe that abortion is fine, if it is for a legit reason.

Reasons could be not financially sound family, bad parents, disability etc. But if the mother wants an abortion because "its inconvenient" to have a baby, then i think its wrong.

29. Unread #375 - Apr 23, 2008 at 1:45 PM
  30. Mr James
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Mr James Forum Addict

Abortion

If anything, the baby fetus is part of the mother until birth so that brings up a whole new thing of whether or not the baby is covered under the mother's rights because it is connected or not?

31. Unread #376 - Apr 23, 2008 at 3:08 PM
  32. Easter Bunny2
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Easter Bunny2 Bunny Pie
    Banned

Abortion

Well, the mother has the right to get rid of the baby since it is part of her. She has the right to cut off her arms and legs... so the fetus is just another extension of her body.

33. Unread #377 - Apr 23, 2008 at 5:14 PM
  34. Mr James
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Mr James Forum Addict

Abortion

What about if you find out you are having twins but you only want one child so you kill one?

Does that change anyones view or do you all think it is still the same matter?

35. Unread #378 - Apr 23, 2008 at 5:58 PM
  36. Outkast_Bro
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Outkast_Bro Member
    Banned

Abortion

Is your arm living? Do your arm's have a beating heart, a brain, and a organ system, the essentials for life? Probably not. That's not the only part wrong about you're theory. You arm's aren't going to come off unless unattached by force, unlike a baby who's going to come out of the mother's womb a human being.

Also; the part of being attached to the mother, making it the mother's choice, in my opinion is ignorant. The only reason the baby is attached to the mother is because it needs nutrients for the baby to survive. Besides..If the mother wants an abortion, and the father doesn't, shouldn't it be an 50/50 decision? With out that sperm, the egg would have never been fertilized, and the fetus never created.

The problem with abortion is that; it shows you can get pregnant, and get rid of your problems. These mothers are just so damn conceited that they can only think about them selfs. At least put the baby for adoption it's about the same price as abortion anyway. If you're going to have sex before marriage do it with protection. Instead of taking away an innocent life think before you act.

[ Don't "GRR" at me ever again...n00b. ]
    [ Just kidding ]
    [ <3 ]

37. Unread #379 - Apr 23, 2008 at 6:04 PM
  38. Shredderbeam
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Shredderbeam Hero

Abortion

Of course it's living. It is made up of living cells.

It doesn't matter if it requires nutrients. It's still attached to the mother.

The father doesn't carry the child. He can have input, sure, but the final decision is the mother's.

Of course!

Rather than a lump of tissue that isn't a separate life?

Apart from the nine months of inconvenience.

It doesn't have rights. It doesn't matter if we kill it.

39. Unread #380 - Apr 23, 2008 at 6:15 PM
  40. megajosh2
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

megajosh2 Member

Abortion

I don't know how to really answer this question. I'd think if you abort a child, you kill a chance of life. Who are we to decide who lives and dies in such a manner, but then again, who are we to decide what a woman can do with her body? It's one tough question... Heh.

< Animal testing | [1m] xp an hour >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site