Runescape Nostalgia

Discussion in 'RuneScape 3 General' started by Invicta, Oct 17, 2012.

Runescape Nostalgia
  1. Unread #1 - Oct 17, 2012 at 11:07 PM
  2. Invicta
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Invicta Active Member

Runescape Nostalgia

I was going through my youtube account, and I saw that I liked some Runescape videos, so I decided to check them out. I had the best nostalgia towards anything I've ever experienced. I remember playing Runescape as a child, and listening to Scatman by Scatman John. It brought back such good memories.

Or even just going through some RSMV's; Sosolid2k, 3AddictedBrothers etc.

http://www.youtube.com/user/3AddictedBrothers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGQEQn2bZSY&feature=plcp

I've got to ask, do you have any good memories of Runescape?

3. Unread #2 - Oct 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM
  4. Jack
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Member of the Month Winner Sythe's 10th Anniversary Wubba Lubba Dub Dub The Mortyest Morty Sythe Awards 2012 Winner Le Kingdoms Player Two Factor Authentication User Spam Forum Participant I'm LAAAAAAAME
    Signature of the Month Winner

Jack The Infamous Spam Forum King
    Retired Administrator Cool Cat Legendary

Runescape Nostalgia

No

Probably learning about RWT and sythe was the highlight honestly. Runescape itself is pretty much a waste of time and I regret ever playing it.

5. Unread #3 - Oct 18, 2012 at 12:41 AM
  6. MrLuckyDraw
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

MrLuckyDraw Guru
    Banned

Runescape Nostalgia

Botting was probably the best thing that happened to me, runescape wise. Actually saved me so much time from Runescape. Like Jack said, I wish I never even played it. Don't get me wrong, Runescape can be a fun time burner sometimes, but you could probably master (or at least be very good at) a sport/instrument in the time it takes to get a Completionist cape legit.

7. Unread #4 - Oct 18, 2012 at 12:46 AM
  8. Jack
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Member of the Month Winner Sythe's 10th Anniversary Wubba Lubba Dub Dub The Mortyest Morty Sythe Awards 2012 Winner Le Kingdoms Player Two Factor Authentication User Spam Forum Participant I'm LAAAAAAAME
    Signature of the Month Winner

Jack The Infamous Spam Forum King
    Retired Administrator Cool Cat Legendary

Runescape Nostalgia

I remember they used to advertise it having around 10k hours of game play or around that. With 10000 hours of practice you could be very proficient at a range of instruments and look something like this
    [​IMG]
    All joking aside however, as you said Lucky, botting is a good thing rather than bad for those who feel they need to level up or make some GP but want to also be outside doing things.

9. Unread #5 - Oct 18, 2012 at 1:02 AM
  10. GoldImporters
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

GoldImporters Active Member
    Trade With Caution

Runescape Nostalgia

I remember when I was a little kid, playing on a noob. I remember when I got my first set of full bronze and though I was invincible. I remember killing cows to buy a set of addy. I remember stealing rune off a irl friend's account, and than feeling bad and giving it back(drop trading ftw). However now I basically play for the black market.

11. Unread #6 - Oct 18, 2012 at 2:32 AM
  12. noobyfooby
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

noobyfooby Forum Addict

Runescape Nostalgia

The pain of wanting a 99 so bad when the capes first came out for achieving a 99 in a skill. I wanted one so bad but then I found Rsbots.Net, this is really sad but my life was complete then :) Also, the pking back in 2006 was the best Runescape has ever been at.

13. Unread #7 - Oct 18, 2012 at 4:05 AM
  14. rue
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

rue Guru

Runescape Nostalgia

Once Arayn and Scar were introduced was when I found Nirvana in Runescape. It wasn't until now when I finally applied cheating to further myself.

15. Unread #8 - Oct 18, 2012 at 6:18 AM
  16. Invicta
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Invicta Active Member

Runescape Nostalgia

Yeah, R.I.P. Runescape 2006 :/

Keep the posts coming guys!

17. Unread #9 - Oct 18, 2012 at 6:26 AM
  18. joj0r
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Oktoberfest 2013 Halloween 2013 Tier 1 Prizebox Christmas 2013

joj0r Guru
    $25 USD Donor New

Runescape Nostalgia

the good old times... started playing 04, started botting 09
    remember getting lvl 50 in a skill legit, and be happy as fuck about it
    now it happens that i miss99's when i'm botting :D

19. Unread #10 - Oct 18, 2012 at 9:38 AM
  20. Herman Li
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Herman Li Grand Master
    Banned

Runescape Nostalgia

I love Runescape nostalgia. I have no regret in the world playing RS :)

I have no shame saying I've had some of the best memories and times of my life in this game meeting some amazing friends and people.

21. Unread #11 - Oct 18, 2012 at 9:59 AM
  22. I_DONT_BOT
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Tier 1 Prizebox

I_DONT_BOT Free MMing & Sythe Help - PM me
    I_DONT_BOT Donor

Runescape Nostalgia

I've missed rs since 2006. It's not felt the same, but it's still been there, and I've still played. Shame is, I think eoc might ruin it, but I'm hoping the market for gold may come back (1B used to be like $800, not $350!)

23. Unread #12 - Oct 18, 2012 at 11:52 AM
  24. glamazonia
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Pokémon Trainer Cool Kid

glamazonia Lone, mysterious quester of Sythe...
    $100 USD Donor New

Runescape Nostalgia

It had a sparkle to it and I don't regret playing when that was there. I regret being 'tied' to the game in the state is in now due to being a part of it for so long. It's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be but it does feel like more of a burden from time to time now(like a 'I don't want to log in but something is forcing me to' feeling).

I too hope gold makes more of a recovery; it hurts my eyes looking at that section of the market now.

25. Unread #13 - Oct 18, 2012 at 12:15 PM
  26. MrLuckyDraw
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

MrLuckyDraw Guru
    Banned

Runescape Nostalgia

Wow, around 10k hours to master runescape?

Well, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outliers_(book)

Just imagine if you spent 10k hours maxing your runescape character when you could of mastered pretty much any sport/activity/academic subject/instrument.

Mastered meaning to acquire complete knowledge/skill.

27. Unread #14 - Oct 18, 2012 at 12:29 PM
  28. zaxxa
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

zaxxa Apprentice

Runescape Nostalgia

So much bullshit here its unreal. Botting was NEVER a good thing. You played RS because you enjoy it. If you didn't, then you didn't play. People didn't care so much for getting 99s because 70 and 80 in a skill were considered amazing. Remember getting cooking up without cook-x? I managed around 73/74 cooking that way. I enjoyed it, but didn't feel the need to go any higher.

People saying botting was good are just misunderstood. Botting only became "good" when players started getting greedy and wanted 99s to show off to other players as opposed to just playing for fun and getting 70 or 80. Even Andrew Gower stated that there was an exponential rate to reach 99 and it was never expected players would ever reach it.

Botting became popular to get 99s to show off or to make money. Increasingly, people just want to show off or "experience top level content". Well fuck you because its just as fun fighting the boss monsters in between, training to do a quest and killing that quest monster like nomad as opposed to botting to 99s and just doing everything the easy way.

I think one way Jagex could resolve the problem is do what Guild Wars does, but I am not sure of the consequences of that.

29. Unread #15 - Oct 18, 2012 at 2:46 PM
  30. joj0r
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Oktoberfest 2013 Halloween 2013 Tier 1 Prizebox Christmas 2013

joj0r Guru
    $25 USD Donor New

Runescape Nostalgia

that's one side of botting
    i don't play rs with other ppl, i play for myself
    i don't bot for profit (€), i bot to enjoy the game
    when i buy a game at a store i buy it because i like good stories and quests
    that's the same on rs, i bot that i can do more quests. So i can enjoy rs more

31. Unread #16 - Oct 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM
  32. Invicta
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Invicta Active Member

Runescape Nostalgia

I completely understand why people bot, I don't have anything against people who bot. Although it may be pixels, it still feels really good knowing you've accomplished something, whether it be a skill, or obtaining a new item through a minigame.

Now Gold Farmers on the other hand, have ruined the Runescape economy as well as the Runescape community. I feel as if every player in runescape, feels like they're destined to a adventure of solitude. I remember back in 2002, people were litterally waiting in banks to HELP people! It was insane what people would go through just to get a sense of helping someone else.

Runescape has turned into more of a chore, rather than something we all enjoy.

Keep the comments coming guys. I appreciate everyones thoughts and opinions!

33. Unread #17 - Oct 18, 2012 at 3:26 PM
  34. Invicta
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Invicta Active Member

Runescape Nostalgia

I completely agree. I feel sad for people who are ashamed of their Runescape past. I've met some interesting, and amazing people through runescape.

35. Unread #18 - Oct 18, 2012 at 3:36 PM
  36. 9th RS
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

9th RS Active Member
    Banned

Runescape Nostalgia

Even though RuneScape was and still is a big waste of time, I do miss all those fun things back in the day. When the community was nice, when people weren't hungry for gp, etc. Ya'know? Now these things are rare to come across. P2P is a complete shitstorm. F2P still has a few genuinely nice people, but that's because majority of them are newcomers. It just sucks that almost all video games are filled with trolling 14 year olds who think it's funny to be ignorant and obnoxious. The community is what I miss.

37. Unread #19 - Oct 18, 2012 at 8:51 PM
  38. Invicta
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Invicta Active Member

Runescape Nostalgia

Same here mate :/

39. Unread #20 - Oct 18, 2012 at 8:56 PM
  40. Fineshrine
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Fineshrine Active Member

Runescape Nostalgia

Participated in the 666 Falador Massacre with a few friends. Got banned but it was the most fun memory I have of the game aside from a few group questing trips.

< is d bow spec or hand cannon spec better to rush with? | 2013 Halloween Event? >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site