Suicide

Discussion in 'Personal Support' started by McRevolation, Aug 1, 2016.

Suicide
  1. Unread #1 - Aug 1, 2016 at 3:05 PM
  2. McRevolation
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

McRevolation Active Member

Suicide

Not that anyone here may even care. Maybe you do maybe you don't. Over this past weekend I had a really good friend who I have known for a long time. Commit suicide. He had 2 beautiful children and one on the way. Probably the nicest wife you'll ever meet in your whole life. He just left us all and no one knows why. He just took a gun and shot himself in the head. His funeral is on Thursday and to be honest I am a mess I haven't slept in days. I don't even know if I can go to the funeral... It's been tough so many questions when you know you're never going to get the answers.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  3. Unread #2 - Aug 1, 2016 at 3:21 PM
  4. Aklan
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User Summer 2016

Aklan Yeah, I'm good.
    $100 USD Donor New

Suicide

Terribly sorry to hear that man...Listen if he really was a good friend you should do yourself aswell as him a favour and get some sleep to be absolutely certain you can make his funeral. Tough times and as you said, lot of questions with no answers but you will definitely regret not going to that funeral if you don't, so make sure you will. Stand strong my friend.

5. Unread #3 - Aug 1, 2016 at 4:22 PM
  6. Sonia
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Support Center Participant Writing Competition Winner In Memory of Jon Valentine's Day 2017 (2) Valentine's Day 2016 Pokémon Trainer Togepi
    Penguin

Sonia A Beautiful Soul and a Heart of Gold. <3
    $200 USD Donor New

Suicide

Really sorry to hear about your loss.

Ultimately if your friend lived a wonderful happy life with his wife, children and friends, then you should remain happy even though he left quiet abruptly. I would suggest not to turn to alcohol and weed as a coping mechanism for your grief. Now it may be hard to put this into play, but staying strong at a time like this will only help you with the ease of burden which has come about from your friend passing. Sleeping will do you a world of wonder. Like Aklan said, you will definitely regret it, if you lose the chance to say goodbye properly at his funeral.

I've always lived by the mantra that if your heart is in pain emotionally, sleeping will ease that pain. Now it may sound silly, but honestly it works. If you get some rest before the funeral you can properly put together how you feel, and what you want to say to your friend on the day of his Funeral.

Now I don't know if you believe in the afterlife, and you say there are many questions to be asked, but no answers to come. I suggest even if you believe that there wont be any answers, that you still ask the questions. For me I've always believed that those who pass can still hear you. So I believe your friend will hear you, ask him the questions, you may not hear the response, but I'm sure he will tell you.

I suggest you also speak to his wife, someone who can also feel the pain you are feeling, you both will be able to connect and share that grief and memory of your friend and her husband. Perhaps there is something neither of you are aware of; such as money trouble, you say your friend had a third child on the way. There are lots of reasons why someone would choose to leave by suicide. Don't put the blame on yourself, because you don't understand why and choose to get drunk and high as an excuse. Now it may hurt to hear this, but you need to sober up, and be proud of who your friend was, be strong for the memory of your friend and for his wife and children. All you need to know now is that your friend is at complete peace.

Stay strong.

7. Unread #4 - Aug 4, 2016 at 7:04 PM
  8. Sonia
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Support Center Participant Writing Competition Winner In Memory of Jon Valentine's Day 2017 (2) Valentine's Day 2016 Pokémon Trainer Togepi
    Penguin

Sonia A Beautiful Soul and a Heart of Gold. <3
    $200 USD Donor New

Suicide

@McRevolation would like to hear how you're doing, you said your friends funeral was today.

Hope you're doing well.

^ Aspect likes this.
  9. Unread #5 - Aug 5, 2016 at 3:33 PM
  10. haha22
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

haha22 Newcomer

Suicide

Not a good thing. I care but I cannot understand how it must feel for you. I would tell you to go to the funeral, I guess it's gone already, but I myself have missed out on some recent ones for my relatives.

Life can and does end, weird. I'm so stupid.. I was just looking at this sig for someone's remembrance and I realised how old I'd become. I don't know what I'm trying to say but I'll pray for that guy and for you! There is God and he does understand. I hope he's in a better place!

Call your parents or something! Talk to their family :) and have a nice life!

11. Unread #6 - Aug 5, 2016 at 3:41 PM
  12. haha22
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

haha22 Newcomer

Suicide

The worst things happen and no one even cares. I'm going through something myself. Turn to God, maybe you'll find some relief there.

13. Unread #7 - Aug 6, 2016 at 3:33 AM
  14. McRevolation
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

McRevolation Active Member

Suicide

I went to the Funeral it was a really nice set up. I took a lot of pictures. I spoke a little bit but I also cried my eyes out. Going to miss him

15. Unread #8 - Aug 6, 2016 at 6:36 PM
  16. Zogre
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Zogre Legendary
    Do Not Trade

Suicide

Good on you for attending. Never an easy thing hope you can keep in touch with his family and recover from this.

17. Unread #9 - Aug 6, 2016 at 7:05 PM
  18. I Bleed Duke Blue
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

I Bleed Duke Blue Sephiroth
    Do Not Trade

Suicide

Sorry about your friend. I have had 2 close friends to me commit suicide after a combination of depression and not being able to get sober off of a few different drugs despite multiple stints in rehab for both.

I know how you feel, it's an utterly helpless feeling and I'm sorry to hear that worse yet, your friend had a family of his own that now has to deal with it.

Stay strong man

19. Unread #10 - Aug 7, 2016 at 7:55 AM
  20. Sebast
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    absi.98
    Detective

Sebast Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth
    $100 USD Donor New

Suicide

First thing is first, you did an amazing job. You overpowered your own fears. I know this isn't an easy thing, and I know you will find this hard to believe but believe me. He's watching you. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't want you get that sad [Depression] from him. In fact he will absolutely wish you the best for you, and in your upcoming future.

He's up, in there. Watching you, so honor him. And live your life as he lived his. @McRevolation

< Girls | Love and Codependence >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site