Biggest scam involving runescape?

Discussion in 'RuneScape 3 General' started by oxodium, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Unread #1 - Jul 21, 2011 at 9:49 AM
  2. oxodium
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

oxodium Grand Master
    Banned

If this is in the wrong forum, I do apologize.

I'm just curious to see the biggest scams that have happened to you, perhaps on sythe, involving runescape.

The largest scam that ever happened to me, [I've posted about it before]

Involved my supposed ' best friend ' who lives on the same road as myself. We were selling a maxed account, I bought the account off him in the first place for £200, but then agreed to share the profits at the end since it was worth a lot more at the time.
    We were asking for about £2000 to begin with, an ambitious aim to say the least, that gradually decreased as we became more and more inpatient.

It came to that time, when my family where going on holiday, [I went too] and we would be away for approximately two weeks. Bearing in mind I'd known this person for four years, I didn't even consider what was about to happen.
    So I came back two weeks later, with a lovely tan, a couple of numbers...yadda yadda.
    Pretty much the first thing I did was ask him how the account had been going, he explained he'd had a buyer, but he'd been scammed, and the buyer had got the account perm-banned. I checked it out on the hs [before name changing] and sure enough it had been removed. I then checked the account and it had recieved a permanent ban for RWT.
    My heart pretty much sunk then...
    It was not until two weeks later, when I was going through the emails, that I found a receipt from PayPal for the sum of $990.
    He hasn't spoken to me since that day.
    Yes believe me I've tried everything and anything, even tried contacting the Police at one point, but they said I didn't have sufficient evidence.

3. Unread #2 - Jul 21, 2011 at 9:52 AM
  4. mill3n
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

mill3n Guru
    Banned

Someone in the bank said he bought a spinach roll for 500M, but he never did :'(

5. Unread #3 - Jul 21, 2011 at 9:54 AM
  6. wogsRus
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

wogsRus Apprentice
    Banned

Did you punish him/beat the shit out of him?

7. Unread #4 - Jul 21, 2011 at 9:54 AM
  8. oxodium
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

oxodium Grand Master
    Banned

I don't quite follow, did you buy a spinach roll for 500m? or did you try and sell one for 500m?

I haven't seen him, except for one occasion where he was with about 10 of his friends. Odds stacked against me.
    If I saw him though, I'd be more than tempted to do something violent.

9. Unread #5 - Jul 21, 2011 at 9:57 AM
  10. Tmx
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Tmx Forum Addict
    Banned

Probably back in 2004, when rs2 just came out and I was still a fairly new player, gp's were ALOT back then. So I was young and all, and a guy said "follow to win 1m!", that scam was new then, I did and it was 'the trust game', I was probably one of the first to get scammed from it. He took me to varrock circle, and the highest bid wins, I gave him my all beloved rune scimmy, and he logged...The end. After this day, I tried it a week later and got banned from it, but the most remarkable thing is I still have it in my offense history. To this date, I still remember the account name and if you want me to show you, just pm me and ill send you pics.

11. Unread #6 - Jul 21, 2011 at 9:59 AM
  12. nero99
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

nero99 Active Member

staker scammers glitchers or w.e made me lose 2billion -.-

13. Unread #7 - Jul 21, 2011 at 10:00 AM
  14. oxodium
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

oxodium Grand Master
    Banned

Wouldn't mind seeing the pics :D, I still remember those sort've scams, I fell for the worst one of all once, the 'show your inv for free prayer pots' In 05, I was 13 then, and pretty stupid.

15. Unread #8 - Jul 21, 2011 at 10:04 AM
  16. ønePartyhat
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

ønePartyhat Active Member

I used to buy RSGP on sites and sell it to an IRL friend, he had bought 200m multiple times paying infront of recieving, so right before the last day of school, I was going to sell him my last 200m, and I gave it to him in advance now, but then he was 'sick' on the last day of school and I never seen him since...

He scammed me 200m, but I sold him 800m RSGP for $1 PROFIT per mil :>.

17. Unread #9 - Jul 21, 2011 at 10:05 AM
  18. oxodium
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

oxodium Grand Master
    Banned

You pretty much ripped him off :p .

19. Unread #10 - Jul 21, 2011 at 10:08 AM
  20. Tmx
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Tmx Forum Addict
    Banned

ill show you the pics soon mate. I'll pm you.

21. Unread #11 - Jul 21, 2011 at 10:13 AM
  22. Snow Patrol
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Snow Patrol Emeritus

There's already a topic like this in the donor's lounge, but considering a majority of the Sythe community aren't donators, I guess I'll respond to this one as well.

Personally, the most I've been scammed is a santa hat back in 2006 when mils were roughly 4-5$ each. Other than that, a clan member scammed me 8m for a bogus pin, and that's about it.

On Sythe, I've never been scammed and looking to keep it that way :)

23. Unread #12 - Jul 21, 2011 at 10:18 AM
  24. conorf43
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

conorf43 Forum Addict
    Banned

most i was ever scammed for was 45M from someone on sythe with 50+ vouches... shows you cant trust anyone. but the worst i ever scammed someone in real RS was for a D2H the very first day that they came out way back when. i use to scam by offering a ridiculous number like 9900k, then i would remove some gp right before they clicked accept and it would really be 99004gp, so i ended um scamming him for a lot because i turned around and sold it to a guy for 15M. (which i ended up using to buy my first santa hat, which were only a little more that 15M at the time if im correct).

25. Unread #13 - Jul 21, 2011 at 1:56 PM
  26. Loyal 2 da game
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User

Loyal 2 da game Formerly known as Loyal To The Game

Some guy I had kind of an online friendship once gave me some account he had like a year ago.

And for free too, it was like, level 135 with 10 99's, had 140m on it or something. Real good account, until all these people kept messaging me to get off "her" account. Turns out the account was like, recovered or someshit from some girl who had quit. I'm not sure if that was a scam or not but it was a pretty weird time.

27. Unread #14 - Jul 21, 2011 at 3:25 PM
  28. Superman
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Detective Two Factor Authentication User

Superman Legend

I had a 125+ vouched user sell me an account for $62.50, he went first. 6 months later, he recovered it. He still roams around Sythe and sells accounts, he has probably resold the account, as he is not banned yet.

29. Unread #15 - Jul 21, 2011 at 7:06 PM
  30. oxodium
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

oxodium Grand Master
    Banned

Ouch, I got scammed out of $22 yesterday, a relatively small amount, the guy still isn't banned though, he's pretty much trying to stop anyone from selling to me. =@

31. Unread #16 - Jul 21, 2011 at 8:33 PM
  32. Wolfdog
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    wolfdog
    Nitro Booster Hoover Extreme Homosex Homosex Potamus

Wolfdog Untired, we stand. Exhausted, we fall.
    Retired Sectional Moderator

Most I've ever scammed was a gree... wait, wrong thread :p
    Jk
    Got scammed 35 dollars, recovery on an account.

33. Unread #17 - Jul 21, 2011 at 9:19 PM
  34. riteaz
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

riteaz Forum Addict

got scammed by a level 129 and a level 101 yesterday, they were saying 2m wins fury 55x2. I know when people say they will give otu items if someone wins pretty much everytime they scam. But i felt all hot shot and went for it i won against won guy and he logged, then i tried on another guy aswell and he logged too. I got scammed a total of exactly 10m inless than 10 minutes

35. Unread #18 - Jul 21, 2011 at 9:22 PM
  36. Sillymonkey
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Fatty#9347
    <3 n4n0

Sillymonkey Grand Master
    $5 USD Donor New

I haven't been scammed on Sythe, but the biggest thing I have been scammed for on RS is Blue Partyhat. I made the mistake of letting a 'friend' of multiple years try it on for a screenshot (before the lending system)

37. Unread #19 - Jul 21, 2011 at 9:42 PM
  38. iheartgaming
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

iheartgaming Active Member
    Banned

Biggest scam that has happened to me over RS, was getting scammed out of my purple partyhat. Pretty much, before the modified the trade system. The color's we're not added then. What he did was, put the money up for the phat, but quickly took off a certain amount to where it still looked the same, but was extremely lower. And bare in mind, that all money back then was only yellow, and not green and white like today. But yeah, that cleaned me and then I eventually quit. Came back a few year's ago, and now consider quiting again, because my main was completely cleaned(Lost 10B, because of being phised).

39. Unread #20 - Jul 21, 2011 at 9:42 PM
  40. Lym
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Lym Black Lotus
    Banned

I've been scammed an x2 Elysians (one was by a friend but he paid me back 2 months later)
    one Spectral
    I got lured for a santa but I kept that a secret >.> lol.

< [POLL] What is the best Aura? [POLL] | What are those big boulders around Runescape? >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site