Looking to get into staking - What do I need to know

Discussion in 'RuneScape 3 General' started by Ecks Dee, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Unread #1 - Apr 24, 2016 at 5:25 PM
  2. Ecks Dee
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Ecks Dee Newcomer

^title

Heard a lot about scammers, smugglers etc.
    Basically I've no exp at all with staking, give me as much information as you can.

3. Unread #2 - Apr 24, 2016 at 5:39 PM
  4. Stake Rich
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Stake Rich Member
    Banned

No smugglers atm as far as I know.

What you need to worry about is double account scammers.

When you polypore stake, you either send a trade request and a challenged duel request when calling a stake, or vice versa when someone is calling your stake.

For example, you type Ecks Dee poly 100m

Baldewaarnis sent you a trade request.
    Baldewaamis is challenging you to a duel (stake).

Notice how Baldewaarnis has an RN, while Baldewaamis has an M.

Baldewaarnis will trade you and show 28 vials, and then you'll click the challenge screen while still in the trade window, to make sure he doesn't drop any of the vials.

You'll go immediately to the trade screen with BaldewaaMis, thinking it's the same account.

BAM, BaldewaaMis doesn't have 28 vials in his inventory, but instead has runes for vengeance, and a kiteshield to tank. If he manages to scam you into the arena, he has a 90% chance to win the stake.

5. Unread #3 - Apr 24, 2016 at 5:49 PM
  6. Decimate
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    decimate
    I saw Matthew Nitro Booster

Decimate Grand Master
    Decimate Donor You Shall Not Pass

If you have no idea, I recommend a commission staking friends chat. The best one I know of is "Stake at 54". They stake your gold for you, 100% 50/50 odds, if anything bad happens (scammed, gapped etc) they will refund you for the whole amount. They only take a measly 5% commission too, which isn't a lot to say they make sure everyone goes perfectly, they all stream too. One leader is "Soul Rich" here on Sythe, for more information.. check here! http://www.sythe.org/runescape-guid...s3-50-50-commission-staking-fc-king-w301.html

7. Unread #4 - Apr 24, 2016 at 6:49 PM
  8. Ecks Dee
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Ecks Dee Newcomer

Thanks for both of your replies, i've done comission before but that 5% really adds up over time.

Thanks for the explanation of the 28 vial thing, how about drygore staking is there anything I should know about that?

9. Unread #5 - Apr 24, 2016 at 8:17 PM
  10. VanillaGold
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

VanillaGold Active Member
    Banned

"no experience"

It seems like you believe you can magically make bank if you're an 'experienced staker', my best tip for you is don't stake.

11. Unread #6 - Apr 24, 2016 at 9:16 PM
  12. Soul Rich
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Deal#2264
    Two Factor Authentication User Lawrence (3) DIAF Sythe's 10th Anniversary Heidy (3) Sythe RSPS Player Gohan has AIDS (6) Homosex (4) <3 n4n0 (4)
    Extreme Homosex (2) Potamus

Soul Rich Largest RS Gambling Community @ King Of Stakes !
    Soul Rich Donor

Much as Decimate said, I truly recommend you try commission staking, and observe how the hosts stake. 100% 50/50 odds, with only 5% commission which covers everything, from a 100% refund/redo if a host gets scammed/gaps during the stake from lag etc.

You can do this by watching their stream as you bet, so you can see the how everything works, and when you feel comfortable you can give staking yourself a shot.

'Stake At 54' Friends chat.

13. Unread #7 - Apr 25, 2016 at 4:26 AM
  14. Xier0
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Sythe's 10th Anniversary DIAF Lawrence Member of the Month Winner Gohan has AIDS

Xier0 Legend
    $5 USD Donor New

From another thread, but still relevant. Be good or don't try.

15. Unread #8 - Apr 25, 2016 at 11:10 AM
  16. Jay
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Jay#7165
    Ignignokt Err Hell yeah boooi Who did this to my freakin' car! Hey... this isnt a fun rank Christmas 2019 Easter 2020 Rio 2016 Extreme Homosex Pokémon Trainer
    Nitro Booster (2) Two Factor Authentication User I saw Matthew

Jay farewell! :P
    $200 USD Donor New

Tbh, i don't wanna sound like the negative guy here, but if you dont have a bank roll dont bother, especially for rs3 staking.

17. Unread #9 - Apr 25, 2016 at 12:45 PM
  18. Xier0
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Sythe's 10th Anniversary DIAF Lawrence Member of the Month Winner Gohan has AIDS

Xier0 Legend
    $5 USD Donor New

Having more money doesn't make you win. It just makes it so you have more to lose.

19. Unread #10 - Apr 26, 2016 at 10:25 AM
  20. SKRUBZ
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Sythe's 10th Anniversary

SKRUBZ Forum Addict

"A few things before I get started
    - Pid is 100% random now each hit.
    - Spam click your opponent with the left-click option "Fight" when the countdown is rolling.
    - You must have good knowledge of stallls and inventory checking if you are going to successfully stake in a 50/50 odds situation or in your odds.
    - Main type of stakes are: Overload boxing, Drygore staking, and Polypore staking.
    - I will also cover types of staking methods.

1. Stalls
    - Stalls are any item, interface, or game element that when used can stall your characters actions, this includes damage being dealt to your character
    - Reasons why this is important: By stalling on the last hit you may gain the advantage of getting the first hit first, basically pid.
    - To stall you must activate on of the items below as the final hit animation is appearing
    - Some common stalling objects include: Bones (left-click bury them as your characters final attack animation is happening), Impious/Accursed Ashes (similar to bones, left-click during the final animation), Hunter Box Trap (Lay it down as the final animation is occuring)
    - You can determine when to stall by when your HP is below a maximum hit # of the type of staking you are doing (If your health is 160 In a overload box)

2. Inventory Checking (AKA: Inv Check) [Most Commonly done with Vials]
    - Precaution: After every duel always re-inventory check your opponent, even it seems impossible that they could smuggle something that quick, people are testing abuse/glitches/loopholes 24/7.
    - Why it is important: If you are a 50/50 Odds Staker or are inexperienced with stalls this is ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED, before you go and challenge someone you send them a trade request then a challenge request right after, you two will go into trade and both show your inventories to confirm there is no stalls in either players inventory, then the one who received the challenge will left-click thus accepting the challenge while still in the trade screen, this is to prevent any smuggles/them picking up stalls off of the ground.
    - In Overload boxing: Have a 4-dose overload potion, antipoison, weapon poison, and 25 vials.
    - In Drygore Staking: Have your drygore mace or rapier/longsword (1 spot) and 27 vials.
    - In Polypore staking: Have 28 vials.

3. Overload Boxing (AKA: OB/Ovl Box) [Minimum Hit Per Punch ~ 1-10] [Maximum Hit Per Punch ~210] {Safest Form of RS3 Staking}
    - As soon as you both accept the second screen of the challenge interface and enter the arena drink all three of your potions (Overload, Antipoison, Weapon poison)
    - Always being/drink antipoison (1-dose per duel) + weapon poison (1-dose per duel) (YES, you can be poisoned via weapon poison even in a box)
    - Always have at least 3 doses of overload (have the page with your stats close to your character in game and when they drop to 115 then drink a dose and spam click your opponent, even better, have it on your action bar assigned to a hotkey for you to press then spam click your opponent)
    - Since the hits aren't very high stalls are the least beneficial in this type of stake and don't win you as much odds as other types.
    - I don't recommend non-overload boxing or any other type, they take too long/are easy scams.

4. Drygore Staking (AKA: Rap/Dry/Weapon) [Minimum Hit ~ 50] [Maximum Hit ~ 900-1000+]
    - Have a Drygore Rapier/Longsword equipped as well as the drygore mace in your inventory(the rapier/longsword are "fast" speed weapons while the mace is a "fastest" speed weapon, this means that the mace attacks 1 tick faster, but has a reduced minimum hit. The whole point of using the mace is to gain one tick on your enemy so you can deal the final blow, similar to pid.)
    - Always inventory check, since the max hit is high stalls give lots of odds in these.
    - Semi-Risky

5. Polypore Staking (AKA: Poly) [Mimimum Hit ~ 20] [Maximum Hit ~ 1500+]
    - Have a polypore staff equipped with the polypore strike spell selected on auto-cast.
    - This is probably the most risky kind of staking, stalls can give MAJOR odds on this, ALWAYS inventory check for polypore staking.
    - Very risky, would not recommend.
    - Items that are frequently smuggled to watch out for: Shields, wands, orbs, runes.

6. Staking Strategies/Methods
    - Doubling: This method consists of staking an initial amount for example let's say 2m, whenever you lose a 2m stake you stake 4m, if you lose the 4m then you stake 8m, and so on. This method is pretty safe generally, but people get cleaned doing it more than you would think.
    - 1-10%: This method involves staking 1% minimum and 10% maximum of your bank each duel, it is very hard to get cleaned this way, because it means you must lose at minimum 10 stakes in a row to get cleaned.
    - My old method: When I used to stake a lot what I would do is have a specific amount of money as my starting cash pile, for example let's say 20m. All I would have in my pouch is 20m. If I lose that 20m I would leave the arena that day, and come back the next day with 20m. I would always set a target profit for me to reach and if I reached it I would then stop for the day or sell/bank my profits.
    - By no means are these the only types of staking methods, feel free to create your own.

If you enjoyed any part of my guide please let me know, I really appreciate it. Good luck :)

WolfRS"

Here's a "guide" WolfRS posted on powerbot. It's accurate enough (seasoned staker here, I R I S H is my RSN, feel free to ask questions in game)

21. Unread #11 - May 7, 2016 at 3:22 PM
  22. joc213
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Tier 1 Prizebox Gohan has AIDS

joc213 Active Member
    $200 USD Donor New

practice, practice, practice

23. Unread #12 - May 8, 2016 at 8:45 PM
  24. Burger
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Burger Member
    Banned

99 al stat stake, if at first hit u see not ur pid ( who hit shows first)give gap to them and switch to zamorak hasta every time they hit you. Don't fall for the x staker they always rip u off

25. Unread #13 - May 10, 2016 at 6:02 AM
  26. Kingpup74
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Kingpup74 Newcomer

this thread has been so helpful thankyou!

27. Unread #14 - May 27, 2016 at 7:19 PM
  28. Ganja Scape
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Ganja Scape Forum Addict
    Banned

I've done both, and honestly you are better off doing a FC betting session, unless you've been staking for a while. Mainly because of the refund polices they have.

29. Unread #15 - May 27, 2016 at 8:09 PM
  30. Kross
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Kross Previously known as fbegfx
    Banned

It's all preference

31. Unread #16 - May 27, 2016 at 8:49 PM
  32. bigrobbb
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

bigrobbb Newcomer

trial and error man, you gotta lose some to get good

33. Unread #17 - May 27, 2016 at 10:18 PM
  34. Extrude
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Extrude Member
    Banned

don't chuck it all and lose

35. Unread #18 - Aug 21, 2016 at 1:44 PM
  36. Bobby_RS
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Bobby_RS Active Member
    Banned

Watch a few guides on yt and you should be fine, just be precise.

37. Unread #19 - Aug 23, 2016 at 3:47 PM
  38. Subsonic GFX
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Subsonic GFX Forum Addict
    Banned

#1 tip, know when to stop staking :)

39. Unread #20 - Aug 23, 2016 at 11:07 PM
  40. Mr Extremez
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    mr extremez
    Former OMM Christmas 2016 Poképedia

Mr Extremez Hero
    Mr Extremez Donor

Double up when you lose. If you go on a 3x loss streak just stop.

^ Fire likes this.
< Patched SERIOUS Bug | HUGE Duel Arena Bug >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site