EoC Sucks!

Discussion in 'RuneScape 3 General' started by blittzye, Nov 20, 2012.

EoC Sucks!
  1. Unread #1 - Nov 20, 2012 at 4:02 PM
  2. blittzye
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

blittzye Apprentice
    Banned

EoC Sucks!

I don't agree with all this nonsence, worse runescape update ever! However I'm asuming when jagex realises they have made a mistake and encounters the amount of players dropping, surely they will bring the old runescape back but keep some of the features! So there's some kind of hope=|

3. Unread #2 - Nov 20, 2012 at 4:31 PM
  4. R
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    In Memory of Jon <3 n4n0 Sythe Awards 2013 Winner

R Legend
    Retired Administrator Roary Donor Mudkips Legendary

EoC Sucks!

It's not that much of a change, except you spam some hotkeys for combat. Explain what you don't like rather than creating a thread with two sentences, there's nothing to discuss.

5. Unread #3 - Nov 20, 2012 at 4:39 PM
  6. 3Socks
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

3Socks Forum Addict

EoC Sucks!

It's not that bad...
    Quit being a 06scape fanboy, this update was needed.
    The amount of people playing RS- No, playing MMOs has been decreasing and to keep up with the short term MMOs (Diablo3, GW, etc.) there had to be a combat change.
    Plus, there is an ultimate ability that buffs your auto attack, so use that if you don't like using your other abilities.

7. Unread #4 - Nov 20, 2012 at 4:55 PM
  8. skybluesam1
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

skybluesam1 Guru

EoC Sucks!

It doesn`t really suck and update was needed to keep the game around and alive otherwise like many other MMO`S it would have died by now.

If you don`t like it then it is only really the combat system affected so do some skilling for a non combat skill :).

9. Unread #5 - Nov 20, 2012 at 5:09 PM
  10. Wonderland
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Wonderland spokesman

EoC Sucks!

Needed? That word would be used if the majority of the player base was for it. You cannot argue that it was needed when

1. More players didn't want the update
    2. It's not a guarantee for new players
    3. Will the new players outgrow the amount of dying ones?

There's many questions to ensure this update was "needed".

I don't care for it though, just think jagex is bullshitting again.

Remember when they said free trade will get old players back? Well before free trade there were much more players than before now obviously. You have a lot of reasons to support why, but this isn't the thread for it.

11. Unread #6 - Nov 20, 2012 at 5:46 PM
  12. R
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

R Legend

EoC Sucks!

It's pretty even actually, just the people who do want it don't make a song and a dance about how much they like it. The people who don't like it are immature about it and therefore appear to be a larger volume than those who do. And if you count the new players who will probably hear of Runescape due to their push in promotion over the last few months who will start to make accounts, it's probably about the same amount of people who play now. It's only really veterans who are reluctant to change who don't like it.

13. Unread #7 - Nov 20, 2012 at 5:51 PM
  14. rue
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

rue Guru

EoC Sucks!

SilentC0re created a Google Docs poll to see the percentage of players who were for EoC, against EoC, or unaffected. After 20K+ results, it turns out that 51% of the current fan base were against it. That's a small portion of Runescape however, not to mention now their fan base will surely increase so whomever is against it will just have to lie in wait. I also would like to second the fact that momentum makes my combat experience for Slayer worth while. Honestly, I'm not missing special effects one bit, the game play requires a small amount more of common sense.

15. Unread #8 - Nov 20, 2012 at 5:56 PM
  16. R
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

R Legend

EoC Sucks!

17. Unread #9 - Nov 20, 2012 at 6:13 PM
  18. blittzye
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

blittzye Apprentice
    Banned

EoC Sucks!

Everyone is entilted to their opinion, and I wanted to express that by making a thread, jheeze.

19. Unread #10 - Nov 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM
  20. 3Socks
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

3Socks Forum Addict

EoC Sucks!

It's the best bet. New players are looking for things more interactive, hence the slow death of MMOs.

They will. The dying ones are the ones who needed a push to quit. We all know that 45% of everyone who 'hates' it will just return and use the momentum ability and pretend they never hated it.

21. Unread #11 - Nov 20, 2012 at 10:40 PM
  22. Listen to Young Money
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Listen to Young Money Guru
    Banned

EoC Sucks!

It's really a make-it-or-break-it situation for right now. Only time will tell if people will really quit for good because of this update.

I think it would be a poor decision to quit just because of an update, but that's just my opinion. There's so much more to the game, and the two new skills are definitely something to look forward to. People are too quick to give up something or more so not even give it a chance.

23. Unread #12 - Nov 21, 2012 at 2:52 AM
  24. Jack
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Member of the Month Winner Sythe's 10th Anniversary Wubba Lubba Dub Dub The Mortyest Morty Sythe Awards 2012 Winner Le Kingdoms Player Two Factor Authentication User Spam Forum Participant I'm LAAAAAAAME
    Signature of the Month Winner

Jack The Infamous Spam Forum King
    Retired Administrator Cool Cat Legendary

EoC Sucks!

Either that or that they haven't even bothered to play the beta and are just booing the change. So what if the game play dynamics get better? Surely they'd be overjoyed right? I'm willing to bet that most of the people that say they'll quit have already said EOC isn't so bad.

25. Unread #13 - Nov 21, 2012 at 11:53 AM
  26. World Peace
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

World Peace Member

EoC Sucks!

EOC was a much needed update to ensure the longevity of the game... games have to evolve to remain competitive in today's market. It's 2012... people aren't satisfied with clicking on something once and watching it die repeatedly with shitty graphics. It's not 2006 anymore lol

< Just started combat after years. | First Thoughts On EOC >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site