Black Lives Matter

Discussion in 'Something For All' started by tMoon, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Black Lives Matter
  1. Unread #21 - Aug 26, 2016 at 6:53 PM
  2. ShipTheFlip
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

ShipTheFlip Formerly known as Wintastical

Black Lives Matter

It started out great. I watched the Ferguson protests via livestream every night. But since it's creation so many dumbasses have joined in and given it a bad name.

BUT. It's not as bad as angry white people like to make it seem. It's true that unarmed black people are killed by the police at a higher rate. Just because some people are idiots, don't discredit the whole movement.

3. Unread #22 - Aug 26, 2016 at 6:57 PM
  4. Wonderland
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Wonderland spokesman

Black Lives Matter

The "many more white people are killed by cops" is a dubious conclusion being as white people are the majority, so it's expected. Read my posts above.

5. Unread #23 - Aug 26, 2016 at 7:00 PM
  6. Niki
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    niki3869
    Doge Heidy MushyMuncher

Niki Most trusted and best looking
    $200 USD Donor New

Black Lives Matter

It's a misguided movement and the fact that anyone that tries to even remotely speak out against it or maybe question it even a little bit is automatically labeled a racist and forced to apologize is ridiculous.

I'm not saying black people in America don't have their own struggles/battles and there definitely are instances of racism where they're unfairly judged/targeted. But at the same time I'm getting sick of the me against the world attitude a lot of them seem to have, at least from what you see in the media and I've seen it myself through personal interactions before (only a few times albeit). There is still racism in America and in some cases it's really bad but there's a LOT less racism in America than many other parts of the world.

From watching the news/listening to certain public figures that are black speak about this I can sometimes actually hear the contempt in their voice, obviously particularly against white people. It's even more annoying that they're always applauded and hardly any rebuttals are ever made against their line of thinking because that would be seen as negative/would receive backlash.

It's pretty similar to some of these feminist ideas, like remaking every movie that was popular with a male cast with a female cast to prove women can be just as good or better at things than men. Like with BLM, it can be a fair idea but imo the approach/logic is flawed.

Here's also something interesting that Blade once made a thread about

[​IMG]

^ hattez likes this.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  7. Unread #24 - Aug 26, 2016 at 9:27 PM
  8. kmjt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

kmjt -.- The nocturnal life chose me -.-
    Banned

Black Lives Matter

Thats why I said And per million, more native americans are killed than black people by cops. To illustrate that in both areas black people aren't at the top. Yet that is what the media portrays.

9. Unread #25 - Aug 26, 2016 at 11:18 PM
  10. SuF
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Spam Forum Participant Sythe's 10th Anniversary

SuF Legend
    Pirate Retired Global Moderator

Black Lives Matter

I believe that infographic was created by Stormfront a neonazi white power organization so take it many grains of salt.

11. Unread #26 - Aug 27, 2016 at 12:17 AM
  12. Wonderland
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Wonderland spokesman

Black Lives Matter

Can you provide a source for this? I'm not understanding what you mean. Native Americans make up 2% of the U.S. population. For that claim to be true, they would need to be killed at 20x the rate of African Americans.

13. Unread #27 - Aug 27, 2016 at 12:20 AM
  14. kmjt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

Black Lives Matter

The Counted: people killed by police in the United States – interactive

Under race and ethnicity you can toggle between per million and total.

15. Unread #28 - Aug 27, 2016 at 1:40 AM
  16. Wonderland
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Wonderland spokesman

Black Lives Matter

17. Unread #29 - Aug 27, 2016 at 2:12 AM
  18. kmjt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

Black Lives Matter

It is for the current year. So there is data for the year 2015 and there is data for what has been so far in 2016. You can toggle between 2015 and 2016.

19. Unread #30 - Aug 27, 2016 at 2:54 AM
  20. Wonderland
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Wonderland spokesman

Black Lives Matter

Didn't show everything on mobile. If you look at total killings this year, it's at 11 for Native American. This number is amplified in PMP because Natives are the smallest race group in the U.S., population wise at 2%. While it's factual that they are killed the most per capita, the sample size in killings is far too low for their population size, at least this year to have a fair comparison. The more telling stat is that blacks make up 13% of the population, but were killed at half the rate as Non-Hispanic Whites, a demographic that totals to 62% of the population. By the way, a Native American Lives matter campaign does exist, you just don't hear about it.

Native Lives Matter

21. Unread #31 - Aug 27, 2016 at 3:49 AM
  22. Program
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    FuukinAndy #6867

Program Formerly known as Andy Samberg
    Retired Sectional Moderator

Black Lives Matter

I think it's beyond stupid. People throw out statistics on both sides and no one knows the real truth of the situation. So the Black Lives Matters argument that MOST people make is baseless. They don't have any more hard evidence than the people arguing against, as this topic here has demonstrated. People pulling shit out of their asses and claiming it as truth.

I see it as just a small part of the larger, more despicable, "political correctness" movement. White males no longer are allowed an opinion. Anything I say or do offends someone and there's backlash. I personally see people who spread this propaganda as the scum of society. Nothing better to do than take up a BS cause that they have no facts to back up. Surplus of idiots as of late.

LGBT, blacks, etc. I've never had a problem in the slightest with any of them until they started claiming I had a problem with them and got in my face like I'm a bad person when they know nothing about me. Talk about discrimination. All they really do is spread hate. Now that this movement has started, I've found a prejudice has sprouted in me that wasn't there before. These movements only cause more hate and more issues IMO.

I keep my nose clean of all of it though. I just avoid these idiot people entirely. Type of people who use physical violence or bullying to express their opinion. Garbage.

23. Unread #32 - Aug 27, 2016 at 3:52 AM
  24. kmjt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

Black Lives Matter

Its been at 5.49 for the past 2 years. Thats not a coincidence. I don't get why you are dismissing their statistics because they only make up 2%. So you don't believe what is in what you just linked? Or you think the severity is over exaggerated?

25. Unread #33 - Aug 27, 2016 at 4:23 AM
  26. Wonderland
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Wonderland spokesman

Black Lives Matter

I didn't dismiss it, I said it was factual. The death toll could stay at 11 for Native Americans killed by police and they'd still probably be at the forefront by the end of the year due to their populace. If we're comparing numbers, it's underwhelming. Can you respond to my last point?

27. Unread #34 - Aug 27, 2016 at 4:54 AM
  28. kmjt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

Black Lives Matter

I'm not denying that black people have it worse than most. You can't even acknowledge problems with other races without making sure that you note it as underwhelming or a statistically invalid comparison. Do you really support the fight against Native American police brutality if you constantly undermine its significance by comparing it to your own cause?

29. Unread #35 - Aug 27, 2016 at 4:54 AM
  30. Gfs
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Gfs Active Member

Black Lives Matter

So basically 5% of humans contribute to 95% of crime.

Regardless of colour.

31. Unread #36 - Aug 27, 2016 at 11:01 AM
  32. Wonderland
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Wonderland spokesman

Black Lives Matter

There is a problem with police brutality as a whole. Some are affected more than others, hence disproportionate statistics and report findings of specific people being targeted. I support any cause that calls for police reformation.

My stance:

I'm pressing the issue with African Americans however because you attempted to undermine their struggle by augmenting another, similar to how people respond to Black Lives Matter with All Lives Matter as if All Lives Matter was put into question.

"I don't like that, so I will reinforce this to stigmatize that." Classic act of reproach that's also done in the media.

^ Katana likes this.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  33. Unread #37 - Aug 27, 2016 at 2:40 PM
  34. JSand
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    <3 n4n0 Wait, do you not have an Archer rank? (2) Potamus Pokémon Trainer Easter 2019 Sythe's 10th Anniversary Spam Forum Participant Two Factor Authentication User Heidy Lawrence

JSand Guru
    $50 USD Donor New

Black Lives Matter

The problem is that people are turning this into a white vs black thing. The outrage from BLM started from unarmed people being killed by cops and not getting charged with a crime.

35. Unread #38 - Aug 27, 2016 at 2:44 PM
  36. SuF
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Spam Forum Participant Sythe's 10th Anniversary

SuF Legend
    Pirate Retired Global Moderator

Black Lives Matter

No. It started because black people were being shot by police. BLM does not care about police violence in general, they only care about police violence against black people, even when the violence is completely warranted (see Michel Brown). They are just a bunch of racist assholes in my opinion.

37. Unread #39 - Aug 28, 2016 at 1:07 AM
  38. Wonderland
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Wonderland spokesman

Black Lives Matter

The operative word here is "started". High profile cases that caused riots/outrage were due to victims being unarmed when they were killed by police. BLM was also created after the death of Trayvon Martin, who wasn't killed by a police officer.

HerstoryBlack Lives Matter

Guiding PrinciplesBlack Lives Matter

Let's remind ourselves that African Americans are a minority group. Why do we expect a minority group to speak for everyone when they are the ones being affected more than other groups? Shouldn't activists from other racial groups start their own movement?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  39. Unread #40 - Aug 28, 2016 at 6:32 PM
  40. Arya
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    neexus#4873

Arya Guru
    $25 USD Donor New

Black Lives Matter

Only those who can deny years of systematic oppression and misguidance towards the African lineage in America will have something to say criticizing what, in my opinion, is a cry for help by peoples who, though majorly(perhaps) uneducated, still experience an oppression.

Uneducated.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
< Closed | What do our oceans really contain? >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site