attention whores?

Discussion in 'Personal Support' started by gyrados420, Aug 11, 2016.

attention whores?
  1. Unread #1 - Aug 11, 2016 at 5:36 AM
  2. gyrados420
    Referrals:

gyrados420 Guest

attention whores?

so ive been friends with this girl for probably 6 years now and I do consider her one of my best friends however I just realized the other day that she is a huge attention whore and is probably just talking with me for attention which bothers me greatly. Now how do you guys deal with a situation like this? I dont know why it took me so long to realize what she actually is, do I just end contact here or what?

3. Unread #2 - Aug 11, 2016 at 6:25 AM
  4. Sebast
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    absi.98
    Detective

Sebast Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth
    $100 USD Donor New

attention whores?

Ok first of all, are you sure she's a 100% attention whore? Because after you go to the next level there's no going back. Once you're done from here, you mustn't regret what you did. If you're 100% sure; then proceed to this step.

What I would do, is simply.
    • Continue my/our relationship normally. But at the same time, you cut your relationship with her half. For example. You're going out with your friends and with that girl.. You go, but you mix/have a nice social life with those great people but with her you stop connecting, make her feel like a useless whore. You stop talking with her, you stop asking how was she, how her day was. You just stop.

tldr; Make her feel shit. Make her feel completely useless.
    • Or just simply, cut all/any relationships with her immediately. You do not look back at her no matter what. There's plenty of amazing girls out there, and plenty of "whores" out there. You just keep looking for the good fish. Are you going to eat a sardine or a Salmon? Obviously Salmon [As in a good looking/moral girl].

tldr; Cut any/direct relations with her. And done.
    Other than that, good luck.

5. Unread #3 - Aug 11, 2016 at 11:29 AM
  6. Shall Skill
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Paper Trading Competition Participant ???

Shall Skill Sigma Alpha Mooooo
    $100 USD Donor

attention whores?

Okay you don't need to make somebody feel like shit.

If you're not happy being her friend, then don't be. It's honestly that simple

^ b1b likes this.
  7. Unread #4 - Aug 11, 2016 at 11:55 AM
  8. Sebast
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    absi.98
    Detective

$100 USD Donor New

attention whores?

No, she made him feel like shit. It's his turn. Or just quit her all at once.

9. Unread #5 - Aug 11, 2016 at 12:18 PM
  10. Shall Skill
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Paper Trading Competition Participant ???

Shall Skill Sigma Alpha Mooooo
    $100 USD Donor

attention whores?

This is he same mentality people like that kid in isla vista who shot up all those girls have. That's a very scary mentality to have. Just move on and do you

^ Sonia and b1b like this.
  11. Unread #6 - Aug 12, 2016 at 10:52 PM
  12. Tony
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    Tony#9688
    M
    SytheSteamer Live Streamer Rio 2016 Community Participant Twitter Facebook Promoter Rust Player Photography Competition Winner

Tony Formerly known as Island
    Retired Sectional Moderator $200 USD Donor New

attention whores?

Since when did retaliation and revenge ever sound like a good thing? Its never a great idea. Throughout history, this has never achieved a positive end result.

13. Unread #7 - Aug 13, 2016 at 7:19 AM
  14. Sebast
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Vouch Thread:
    Click Here
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    absi.98
    Detective

$100 USD Donor New

attention whores?

Retaliation is a great thing for some people.

15. Unread #8 - Aug 13, 2016 at 1:55 PM
  16. Sonia
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Support Center Participant Writing Competition Winner In Memory of Jon Valentine's Day 2017 (2) Valentine's Day 2016 Pokémon Trainer Togepi
    Penguin

Sonia A Beautiful Soul and a Heart of Gold. <3
    $200 USD Donor New

attention whores?

@Sebast I don't suggest anyone ever make anybody feel useless. Advising someone to do that back to a person is not a very wise step to make.

@gyrados420

Can I ask firstly, what do you mean by "attention whore"? You could of used the words attention seeker, as in she always seeks attention, but do you mean attention "whore" in the meaning that she seeks attention in a sexual way etc or just a extreme attention seeker?
    A pervasive pattern of excessive emotionality and attention seeking, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

1.is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention
    2.interaction with others is often characterized by inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior
    3.displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions
    4.consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to self
    5.has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail
    6.shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotion
    7.is suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances
    8.considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are.

Basically, a drama queen

I don't believe anybody would be your friend for 6 years if their aim is to just be an attention seeker, perhaps if it resulted in the abuse of the friendship - as in you give her presents etc, then possibly. Remember six years is a lot of time for someone to know each other. Perhaps you can compare her attention seeking behaviour with what you like about her. Weigh up the odds and decide if it is healthy in your life to have individuals like that around you.

Can you be sure based on your six years friendship that she is definitely a attention seeker?
    If so it's really up to you to decide, you can stop the friendship say you don't like her type of personality, you don't feel that it is something you should have in your life or around you, or that it makes you uncomfortable.

Or do you think it has become a personality trait of her recently?
    If so tell her, make her realise she does it and speak it out with her, you never know she might change because of you guys speaking to each other and being honest.

Does she behave that way around you, with you, or to others and you've noticed it?
    If it's her around other people, it may just be her way of being confident around other people, sometimes can lean onto obnoxious behaviour. Again if you don't want that around you, simply talk to her, maybe it'll work for the better, and if it doesn't simply leave that person behind.

< Why the disrespect from a mod for asking a question? | Im retarded [gambling] >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site