Reckless Driving.

Discussion in 'Something For All' started by BootyLove, May 16, 2008.

Reckless Driving.
  1. Unread #1 - May 16, 2008 at 12:53 AM
  2. BootyLove
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

BootyLove Guitar Artist
    Banned

Reckless Driving.

Today's driving generations are probably the worst. They drive with no care, recklessly and they don't pay attention to what's going on in front and behind them. Especially, when everyone thinks they're are race car drivers and they speed; eventually ending up in a life threating death. Also, by pulling idiotic movements, so called tricks on the road. You're either the person who drives with idiocy or you're the people that witness it.

I strongly believe we should start enforcing a more strict driving law on the American people, we have too many accidents, it's just a ridicule. We REALLY need to enforce a stricter law; many people are losing their lives due to reckless drivers.

I've had an idea for a while now; a way to stop speeding, and red light passing. Something that will be placed into the car, and it will be in any veichle. It's a mini chip that they will be put into a car. The chip is always up-to-date, and senses when you're going abov
    We could also implement a passenger seat belt. In which there would be sensors placed into the seat belt. This means if the seat belts our not on each passenger it won't start or move, they will also need to be around the passenger this way they just don't snap it in and get out of ite the speed limit. If you try to avoid the warning from the computer ( it's from the chip) then the car will slow down, and eventually stop. Also, when you're going to pass a street, and there's a yellow light, it will make the car go slower, and eventually stop when it's red; so this will stop many red light crossers. If the car is going to fast and there is a car in the lane and your bound too hit it, your car will slow down OR stop.

With this idea, we can dramatically decrease the death rates in America. People are bound to try and take the chips off. So, when they attempt or take it off, it will give the information about the driver. It will signal the nearest cop; they get arrested or fined! I know you're thinking, what about Emergency cars? They will have one, but the chip will let them go as fast as needed. Because, a person's life is at stake, you have to do what you have to do. Also, this could be a useful tool when a car has been stolen.

Also, we can have a censor that makes the passengers have to put on the seatbelt. If not, the car will stop, and start beeping..

What do you think? Debate, discuss, and argue. I will appeal to your every dispute!

3. Unread #2 - May 24, 2008 at 2:35 AM
  4. Rabs
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Rabs Guru
    Banned

Reckless Driving.

Its a hard subject because there as so many ways of reckless driving.

5. Unread #3 - May 24, 2008 at 2:36 AM
  6. Rabs
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Rabs Guru
    Banned

Reckless Driving.

Theres drink driving
    Road rage
    Non paying attention
    mobile phones and the list goes on ...

7. Unread #4 - May 24, 2008 at 7:14 AM
  8. Le_Dark_Lord
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Le_Dark_Lord Forum Addict
    Banned

Reckless Driving.

Its true the modern generation doesn't have the road sense that the older generation has, but I blame multi-culturalism.

As racist as this may sound, due to the massive increase of immigrants in Australia, we are getting ALOT of people from countries where driving is either a completely different experience or driving just doesnt happen fullstop.

Due to this, we are getting complete fuck-heads come into the country and given houses and cars (i dont lie, we had 15,000 sudenese people given housing and cars for nothing), then sit a piss-easy driving test that has the answers on the internet; the 'Practice test'.

The system that you go through to obtain your license is so easy, anyone can get a license.
    Also, with high-powered cars and influence from racing games (which I love, but induce a "gotta drive fast" feeling), street racing combined with boofheads contribute to the death tolls.

So yeh.. theres my rant :S

9. Unread #5 - Jun 8, 2008 at 2:21 PM
  10. BootyLove
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

BootyLove Guitar Artist
    Banned

Reckless Driving.

You listed only the few of hundreds.

11. Unread #6 - Jun 8, 2008 at 6:26 PM
  12. arsenal_osborne
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

arsenal_osborne Apprentice
    Banned

Reckless Driving.

Agreed, we should start enforcing the law more. But yeah, there are definitely too many types to list.

13. Unread #7 - Jun 9, 2008 at 10:17 PM
  14. ImAFool
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

ImAFool Guru

Reckless Driving.

If your idea would be enforced, how would they get the chips into existing cars and make them work as effectively as cars made with the chips already in them?

15. Unread #8 - Jun 10, 2008 at 6:28 AM
  16. shadow trad3r
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

shadow trad3r Member
    Banned

Reckless Driving.

Here in Australia, drivers with provisional licenses (normally younger than 18) are restricted from driving Turbo/Supercharged engines and/or + 6-cylinders.

17. Unread #9 - Jun 10, 2008 at 6:58 AM
  18. porman
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

porman Apprentice
    Banned

Reckless Driving.

at traffic lights they dont need fancy chips, there called cameras that go off when you run a red light.

america needs to use the piont system that they use here in australia, in america you can get booked as many times as you want and keep your license right? thats abit stupid.

The most cause of car crashes is from fatigue, and not from stupidity. I dont beleive in making fines higher, since it cost you an arm and a leg already, Also in america you people get let off so easy from drink driving, here it goes on your criminal record, you can go to jail.

bottom line is, no amount of fines and such is going to make much of a difference, driving lessons and a good old lesson of common sense will help.

19. Unread #10 - Jun 10, 2008 at 11:23 AM
  20. kingnick0694
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

kingnick0694 Guru

Reckless Driving.

Right, but sometimes you can't have that much freedom, correct?

21. Unread #11 - Jun 10, 2008 at 3:24 PM
  22. BootyLove
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

BootyLove Guitar Artist
    Banned

Reckless Driving.

They would go to the car dealer and get the chip installed..

To FIN: But, it will save many lives in the process.

23. Unread #12 - Jun 16, 2008 at 3:42 AM
  24. FMF Rider
    Referrals:

FMF Rider Guest

Reckless Driving.

I personally like to drive fast. but there is a point where you need ot drive slow. I typically only drive fast later at night. I've had years of experience though. The young kids who just puch the pedal to the metal is where the trouble is. I've gotten speeding tickets before. It's more a matter of enforcing the laws then making them more harsh.

25. Unread #13 - Jun 16, 2008 at 6:52 AM
  26. †Tyson†
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

†Tyson† Grand Master
    Banned

Reckless Driving.

This chip would be too hard to implement into our society. So easy to just take out of the car if you knew what you were doing. Not to mention it'd be an added cost. Also what if you had to speed to avoid an accident? It forcing you to slow down could be the cause of one. I believe stricter punishments are all thats neccessary. About 90% of people who speed get away with it, there needs to be more cops on the road or more speed cameras. Currently people know it is incredibly unlikely to get caught speeding. People know the location of speed cameras so they aren't a big deal. Heavier fines, loss of license, those type of punishments would dramatically decrease the amount of speeding and reckless driving in my opinion.

27. Unread #14 - Jun 16, 2008 at 7:55 AM
  28. Azza 4556
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Azza 4556 Active Member

Reckless Driving.

Usually, it's the P platers who are reckless drivers, not the older ones.
    So really, just watch out for the younger ones, or the elderly.

And whats a stricter law going to do?
    People are still going to end up breaking them.

29. Unread #15 - Jun 17, 2008 at 12:28 AM
  30. †Tyson†
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

†Tyson† Grand Master
    Banned

Reckless Driving.

The elderly.. don't mention them. They have poor judgement. I was trying to get into a lane next to me because my lane ended and some old bastard sped up so i couldn't go in front of him. If he hadn't been so old i would have knocked him out when we stopped at the traffic lights, but i feared one punch would kill him. Although they don't generally speed or do burnouts etc, they still cause a lot of problems because of their stupidity. Thats why insurance companies won't insure you when you get over a certain age.

31. Unread #16 - Jun 17, 2008 at 12:57 AM
  32. Curt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User

Curt Ex-Admin
    Retired Administrator Secret Asian Man PHP Programmers

Reckless Driving.

Thank you.

I think that you are right about reckless drivers. I am one myself, though without ever an accident nor a ticket (knock on wood). Your idea would not be right though. Some people drive as a hobby, and not just as transportation. There are laws that prevents reckless driving, and those who are caught suffers the consequences. There are Breathalyzer starts for some cars, and only starts when one is sober. Another good tool out is GPS tracking from parents, where parents can monitor speed and location. A chip would violate our freedom, and our ability to drive. I drive in a rush many times, in times where I would go three times above the speed limit. It wouldn't be safe I were to be speeding up towards a car at 2x the speed, and have a chip slow me down. I usually just change lanes a few feet before. As for the street lights, fuck them. They should all be Yield signs or an upwards ramp or something. Chips can always malfunction, and your idea would take the freedom out of driving. We can't let our society be ran from artificial intelligence.

33. Unread #17 - Jun 17, 2008 at 9:05 AM
  34. shakaka
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

shakaka Grand Master
    Do Not Trade

Reckless Driving.

Its a violation of our freedoms.

Also, if you're not a teen, or if you are, I don't care; you were once. You have driven recklessly, and now you're just senile because you want everything your way.

Lawl.

Life threatening accident you mean?

Furthermore, speed sometimes can help AVOID accidents. For example, if you are going along and there is a car speeding up on your right about to hit you, you could go faster to make sure that it wouldn't hit you. Not with your Nazi idea, though.

35. Unread #18 - Jun 20, 2008 at 5:35 AM
  36. Faculty3000
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Faculty3000 Apprentice

Reckless Driving.

Well just dun drink drive and think you are cool doing that. You will risk your bloody life!

37. Unread #19 - Jun 23, 2008 at 5:31 PM
  38. hamza
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

hamza Forum Addict
    Banned

Reckless Driving.

i dont think its this generation its the cars they get.

39. Unread #20 - Jun 27, 2008 at 9:23 PM
  40. david123
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

david123 Guru

Reckless Driving.

I don't think there will ever be a way to stop reckless driving, like teens and adults also don't think it will happen to them, but the truth is it does, and it kills a lot each year.

< Concept of Addiction | Science & Religion >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site