Guide To Gilded Altar Training

Discussion in 'RuneScape Miscellaneous' started by Zaney, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Unread #1 - Feb 13, 2011 at 2:29 AM
  2. Zaney
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Zaney Apprentice
    Banned

[​IMG] Zaney's Guide to Gilded Altar Training [​IMG]

- Requirements -

-75 Construction (Or 68 see *)
    -Wealth
    -PoH
    -Gilded Altar

- Basic Altar Info -

Like any altar, it can be used to recharge prayer. When bones are used with the altar, a 250% prayer experience point bonus is given over the normal experience gained by burying bones. Incense burners contribute to greater bonuses. With one burner lit a 300% experience bonus, when both are lit it gives 350%. All incense burners give the same amount of experience. To build a gilded altar, the player needs 75 Construction, two marble blocks, four gold leaves, two bolts of cloth, a hammer and a saw. The total cost to buy all the materials for the altar is 1,170,700 coins.

*The gilded altar can be constructed as early as level 68, by using a crystal saw (Obtained during the Eyes of Glouphrie quest, it allows you to build things 3 additional levels above your own level) and spicy stew (this may possibly increase your level +5). In order to receive the +5 Construction bonus you must use three orange spices per stew. Note that although +6 boost is technically possible it is extremely rare; a +6 boost would stack with the crystal saw for a +9 Construction bonus. Furthermore a +5 bonus is not guaranteed either, and may take several attempts to get. Another option is getting 69 construction and drinking PoH tea (from teak shelves 2), which combined with the crystal saw gives a total boost of +6. The advantage of this method is that the tea boost is certain, as opposed to the stew.

- Bank Setup -

To maximize your experience per hour (Exp/Ph) you will need to have a separate tab for doing this in your bank. The order does not matter but the items in it do. You will need Marrentill, House Telly Tabs, Tinderbox, Bones, and Rings of Dueling(8). If you plan to do a lot of bones then you will need many Tabs, Rings, and Herbs. Your bank should look something like this -
    [​IMG]

- Inventory/Gear -

The inventory and gear are also something that can help increase experience per hour. Your gear can be anything you want since you wont be running very far. The only required item you wear is a Ring of Dueling.

[​IMG]

The inventory should look similar to this to minimize your effort and to make your inventory look organized. The first row should have your essential items, Telly Tabs, Tinderbox, and 2 Marrentills. You want the two herbs on top so you can do a quick check before you telly to your house and find you only have 1 instead of 2. They are used for lighting the incense burners, which when both lit, give an extra 350% more exp per bone.

[​IMG]

- House Setup -

Your house should also be arranged properly to help. As long as you have a portal room linked to your altar you'll be golden. This saves you time from running extra to your altar room across the house. If you don't want to use Rings of Dueling then you could attach a portal room or a room with a glory for teleporting once finished with the bones.

[​IMG]

- Method -

Once you have your gear correct, and house/bank setup you can begin. First go to your tab with everything in it. Then withdraw all but one House Telly Tabs, 1 Tinderbox, 2 Marrentills, and then withdraw all Bones. The 2 Marrentills are for lighting your incense burners which will give you 350% more exp per bone when both lit. Your inventory should be filled and you are ready to go. Click on your House tab then go to your portal room and light both burners. Once both burners are lit right click your bones and select use on altar then choose the option to "Make All"

[​IMG]

Now wait until your character has finished offering all of the bones in your inventory. If you chose to bring a familiar take the bones out of it and use those too. Finally use your Ring of Dueling to teleport to Castle Wars then begin the process again!

[​IMG] Zaney's Guide to Bursting/Barraging on A Pure [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Zaney's Guide To Prayer Bonus/Drains [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Zaney's Guide to Chinning on A Pure [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Zaney's Guide to Gilded Altar Training [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Zaney's Guide To Frost Dragons [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Guide to Protecting Items Nearly Anywhere [​IMG]

3. Unread #2 - Feb 13, 2011 at 7:50 AM
  4. Waster
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Waster Active Member

just a sidenote: its even better/easier if u have mounted glory ammy room next to the gilded altar room. so u dont need to swap/change duel rings in ur inv an because honestly if u running there and back lots u gonna forget to change ur crumbled ring to new one ending up in house without any option to get teled to castle wars. so imo its best to have glory on wall. so u just finish off the bones, tele to edge, get new bones and back to house. i did my 99 pray like that and i think most of ppl use that way. other that that nice guide with great pics!

5. Unread #3 - Feb 13, 2011 at 7:51 AM
  6. Vendela
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Vendela Member

Erm I don't understand why are the herbs are there =o.

7. Unread #4 - Feb 13, 2011 at 7:59 AM
  8. Matt xD
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Matt xD Member
    Banned

Same lol, why herbs?

9. Unread #5 - Feb 13, 2011 at 8:12 AM
  10. Apith
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    In Memory of Jon Christmas 2015 Christmas 2014 Halloween 2014 Homosex

Apith Le
    Apith Donor Retired Sectional Moderator

Herbs are used to light the incense (more exp per bone). Nice guide.

11. Unread #6 - Feb 13, 2011 at 11:41 AM
  12. Zaney
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Zaney Apprentice
    Banned

Its quicker using a Ring of Dueling then running to your glory each time. I mentioned in the guide its good to have a glory/portal room in case you forget like i have before but once you start doing it for awhile you just remember to do it kinda.

To light the incense burners. For 300-350% more exp.

To light the incense burners. For 300-350% more exp.

Thanks for answering while i was gone =D

13. Unread #7 - Feb 13, 2011 at 12:46 PM
  14. just un dude
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

just un dude Hero
    Do Not Trade

You can do it with 72 construction, add the part in where you can use tea to boost construction level ;)

15. Unread #8 - Feb 13, 2011 at 3:55 PM
  16. Zaney
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Zaney Apprentice
    Banned

I thought about putting it and decided not too but i guess since you mentioned it I'll add it. Also its possible with 68 =p

17. Unread #9 - Feb 13, 2011 at 4:10 PM
  18. my hairy balls
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

my hairy balls Forum Addict
    Banned

how much xp/hr?

19. Unread #10 - Feb 13, 2011 at 4:16 PM
  20. Zaney
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Zaney Apprentice
    Banned

Depends on your bones.

21. Unread #11 - Feb 13, 2011 at 4:56 PM
  22. Waster
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Waster Active Member

about the exp: with pak yak its around 1300 bones per hour not focusing 100% but about 80%.
    So frost bones = around 850k per hour with yak=)
    the exp is leet and its the only way to make pray imo. love gilded altar=)

and ye tbh duel ring might be bit faster since u can bank easier and get closed to bank booth. nice.

23. Unread #12 - Feb 14, 2011 at 5:24 AM
  24. uselesspoop
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

uselesspoop Guru
    Banned

great guide man, i liked it alot!

25. Unread #13 - Feb 14, 2011 at 10:19 PM
  26. Zaney
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Zaney Apprentice
    Banned

Thanks for the comments guys

27. Unread #14 - Feb 22, 2011 at 9:39 PM
  28. Zaney
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Zaney Apprentice
    Banned

All of my guides are now back up. Thanks to those who convinced me to repost them.

< Grand exchange is coming back with limits but free trade will remain as normal | Does range bonus affect the Range Minigame at Range Guild? >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site