Sythe     Register     FAQ     Members List     Calendar     Mark Forums Read    
 
Sythe  
  
Runescape Bonds
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Grand Master
$100 USD Donor New Sythe Verified User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Referrals: 1
Posts: 4,412
Send a message via Skype™ to Ziggily
 
Halloween 2013
Default Runescape Bonds



What do you guys think?

I personally am on the fence about this. Yes I love the idea of being able to buy membership with RSGP and such. But also hate it because that will negatively impact many selling groups here.

New Bond Interface:


Bond Prices:

Last edited by Ziggily : 09-25-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:18 PM
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Referrals: 28
Posts: 12,696
 
Community Participant Something For All Participant
Default Re: Runescape Bonds

Can someone explain how this is "a deathblow to gold farmers" like I'm five?
__________________
I do not MM or trade anything.
Anyone claiming to be me in a trade or MM is an imposter.

LTY1DzST8DUxAMN8KLpKhG88vx4uNQpX4a
1NpgTisxVB5HKRVtTAtRmQJr6iRGrBXwUj
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:19 PM
funbox's Avatar
Guru
$25 USD Donor New
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,696
Send a message via Skype™ to funbox
 
Halloween 2014 SytheSteamer
Default Re: Runescape Bonds

jagex officially added real world trade

hoping players will buy these and sell for rsgp ig instead of actually buying off other players.

edit; i realised membership is only 14 days, so 1 month is basically the same price

#mod gurrrrrrrrhard logic;
If you can't beat them, join them
__________________

Last edited by funbox : 09-25-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Grand Master
$100 USD Donor New Sythe Verified User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Referrals: 1
Posts: 4,412
Send a message via Skype™ to Ziggily
 
Halloween 2013
Default Re: Runescape Bonds

Yeah I am not sure here. I don't see what they are trying to accomplish...
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:23 PM
funbox's Avatar
Guru
$25 USD Donor New
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,696
Send a message via Skype™ to funbox
 
Halloween 2014 SytheSteamer
Default Re: Runescape Bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggily View Post
Yeah I am not sure here. I don't see what they are trying to accomplish...
they can't 100% remove real world trading, and since they can't;

instead of letting players buy gp off other players
they made an option for rs players to buy off jagex

hurrr #profithypeomg
__________________

Last edited by funbox : 09-25-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Referrals: 28
Posts: 12,696
 
Community Participant Something For All Participant
Default Re: Runescape Bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by funbox View Post
jagex officially added real world trade

hoping players will buy these and sell for rsgp ig instead of actually buying off other players.

edit; i realised membership is only 14 days, so 1 month is basically the same price

#mod gurrrrrrrrhard logic;
If you can't beat them, join them
Oh. But that assumes that people with loads of wealth will sell their GP for.... membership. That's not going to happen.
__________________
I do not MM or trade anything.
Anyone claiming to be me in a trade or MM is an imposter.

LTY1DzST8DUxAMN8KLpKhG88vx4uNQpX4a
1NpgTisxVB5HKRVtTAtRmQJr6iRGrBXwUj
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Free MMing & Sythe Help - PM me
I_DONT_BOT Donor Sythe Verified User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Derbyshire, England
Referrals: 24
Posts: 9,437
Send a message via MSN to I_DONT_BOT Send a message via Skype™ to I_DONT_BOT
 
Two Factor Authentication User Sythe Awards 2013 Winner Christmas 2013
Default Re: Runescape Bonds

I'm pretty sure they think it's gonna kill goldfarmers because bonds can be traded for gp. People will be buying bonds for $5, trading it for x gp, and then the money is staying in the game. The bond cash is going to jagex, the gp is still with jagex and players, so there will be less need for people buying gold off sites when they can buy it safely direct from jagex. Inb4 bonds are priced by retards and goldsellers can make a huge profit on them.
__________________
Middlemanning | Name Sales | Neopets UC Plushie
Vouches

660 Vouches
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireZ View Post
Jack is the definition of getting hammered, over and over
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:25 PM
Grand Master
$100 USD Donor New Sythe Verified User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Referrals: 1
Posts: 4,412
Send a message via Skype™ to Ziggily
 
Halloween 2013
Default Re: Runescape Bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by funbox View Post
they can't 100% remove real world trading, and since they can't;

instead of letting players buy gp off other players
they made an option for rs players to buy off jagex

hurrr #profithypeomg
Yeah I love how they said they would never do this and boom here it is! All I want to do now is *facepalm*

Why are they ruining our game :/
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Apith's Avatar
Le
Apith Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Referrals: 1
Posts: 2,638
 
Halloween 2014
Default Re: Runescape Bonds

If this is all you can do with bonds, some players may stock up but no one in their right mind would sell as many to eliminate their need to buy gold from sythe. It might make a dent at the start, but that would be it.

It will affect the upgrade section.
__________________

The chosen website for Runescape's biggest gamblers!
Vouches
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:30 PM
funbox's Avatar
Guru
$25 USD Donor New
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,696
Send a message via Skype™ to funbox
 
Halloween 2014 SytheSteamer
Default Re: Runescape Bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_DONT_BOT View Post
I'm pretty sure they think it's gonna kill goldfarmers because bonds can be traded for gp. People will be buying bonds for $5, trading it for x gp, and then the money is staying in the game. The bond cash is going to jagex, the gp is still with jagex and players, so there will be less need for people buying gold off sites when they can buy it safely direct from jagex. Inb4 bonds are priced by retards and goldsellers can make a huge profit on them.
although you're right in certain aspects it's not completely. sure it's safer to buy from jagex then any gold site, but then the people who buy these have to spend hours or even days running around searching for a person who would buy them which can easily be "replaced" via buying off a gold seller which will deliver it in minutes.

Once players realise it's going to be a pain in the ass to sell them, they won't even be bothered to buy them
__________________
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:35 PM
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Referrals: 1
Posts: 758
 
Default Re: Runescape Bonds

I'm pretty sure it's easier and safer to buy bonds from jagex than GP/membership from 3rd parties.

How goldsellers will fare will depend on the Gp value that bonds will settle at. ~15m does seem a fair estimate and at that price they will destroy goldsellers.

But I'm not sure what the demand for these bonds is going to look like.

Last edited by ifh : 09-25-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:40 PM
zestyroper's Avatar
Forum Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 335
Send a message via MSN to zestyroper
 
Default Re: Runescape Bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by funbox View Post
although you're right in certain aspects it's not completely. sure it's safer to buy from jagex then any gold site, but then the people who buy these have to spend hours or even days running around searching for a person who would buy them which can easily be "replaced" via buying off a gold seller which will deliver it in minutes.

Once players realise it's going to be a pain in the ass to sell them, they won't even be bothered to buy them
They can be sold on the GE.

boom.
__________________
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:41 PM
funbox's Avatar
Guru
$25 USD Donor New
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,696
Send a message via Skype™ to funbox
 
Halloween 2014 SytheSteamer
Default Re: Runescape Bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by zestyroper View Post
They can be sold on the GE.

boom.
what
seriously?
i didnt find in ge on the website wtf

edit;

didnt see that.
__________________

Last edited by funbox : 09-25-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:45 PM
My Life Be Like..
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kingdom of Az
Posts: 1,622
Send a message via Skype™ to i_love_la
 
Default Re: Runescape Bonds

lol people in ge selling bonds
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:48 PM
funbox's Avatar
Guru
$25 USD Donor New
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,696
Send a message via Skype™ to funbox
 
Halloween 2014 SytheSteamer
Default Re: Runescape Bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_la View Post
lol people in ge selling bonds

i didnt even think they would sell for this low

edit;


to make a bond tradable you must pay 1.5m
amd new info
__________________

Last edited by funbox : 09-25-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:55 PM
My Life Be Like..
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kingdom of Az
Posts: 1,622
Send a message via Skype™ to i_love_la
 
Default Re: Runescape Bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by funbox View Post

i didnt even think they would sell for this low

edit;


to make a bond tradable you must pay 1.5m
amd new info
lets say the price is 8m per bond, 10 bonds currently cost $48. With $48 you can get 150-200m so in that sense buying from gold sellers is better.
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:57 PM
funbox's Avatar
Guru
$25 USD Donor New
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,696
Send a message via Skype™ to funbox
 
Halloween 2014 SytheSteamer
Default Re: Runescape Bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_la View Post
lets say the price is 8m per bond, 10 bonds currently cost $48. With $48 you can get 150-200m so in that sense buying from gold sellers is better.
i understand what you mean, but wouldn't the large amount of gp coming in the game make the prices drop or not?

idk just discussing
__________________
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:57 PM
zestyroper's Avatar
Forum Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 335
Send a message via MSN to zestyroper
 
Default Re: Runescape Bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by funbox View Post

i didnt even think they would sell for this low

edit;


to make a bond tradable you must pay 1.5m
amd new info
Is that a real sale or just an example from jagex?

15M is about normal price if you sold gold @ 0.25 for a membership.
__________________
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:59 PM
funbox's Avatar
Guru
$25 USD Donor New
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,696
Send a message via Skype™ to funbox
 
Halloween 2014 SytheSteamer
Default Re: Runescape Bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by zestyroper View Post
Is that a real sale or just an example from jagex?

15M is about normal price if you sold gold @ 0.25 for a membership.
no i just bought that in ge 5 minutes ago
__________________
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 72
 
Default Re: Runescape Bonds

nope rwt will remain unscathed. There will be massive oversupply of these things price is guaranteed to go to the floor pretty soon essentially meaning diminishing returns ( rs gp from jagex getting more expensive because more bonds needed for a certain amount of gold). Fail idea is fail.. Decent try tho. This will probably kill the upgrade market though but I ain't even mad kinda happy. Now I can get an upgrade without:
1. risking getting banned
2. risk getting hacked

Thanks jagex.

Last edited by urmodakont : 09-25-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Copy this message to clipboard Reply With Quote
Reply



 wow gold

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1