Does Jagex track IPs or what? Question

Discussion in 'RuneScape 3 Cheating' started by Triggerfinger, May 2, 2009.

1. Unread #1 - May 2, 2009 at 8:00 PM
  2. Triggerfinger
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Triggerfinger Grand Master
    Banned

Ok here is my dilemma.

I am typing from Computer A. Computer A had Account 1 made on its IP that was banned for using the MTA bot a long time ago. I then changed Computer B's IP address for which I used Account 1 on as well. After changing Computer B's IP address I created Account 2. I botted and played Account 2 on Computer B. Until one day I played Account 2 on Computer A. I was then banned for botting.

Now, the MTA was under a lot of scrutiny and Jagex was trying to nail us down...was this standard practice or just a coincidence of using the MTA bot.

I cannot change Computer A's IP address no matter how many times I try. I can change Computer B's with out a problem.

My question is (sorry for being so long), if I bought an account tonight and played on Computer A with out botting and went to Computer B (after changing the IP again) and started to bot again, would it be banned or even locked when I first log in to Computer A?

Thanks and if you don't follow me I'm sorry because I dont know how else to try and write it out.

3. Unread #2 - May 2, 2009 at 8:04 PM
  4. whoareyou47
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

whoareyou47 Forum Addict
    Banned

Highly doubt it. I've used same i.p and had 6 accounts banned but my pure hasnt be banned since i made it in 2006

5. Unread #3 - May 2, 2009 at 8:10 PM
  6. Triggerfinger
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

Did you ever bot on any of them?

7. Unread #4 - May 2, 2009 at 8:20 PM
  8. whoareyou47
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

whoareyou47 Forum Addict
    Banned

2 of them, both banned i botted 20/7, 4 hours break a day, got 1-93 wc on a lvl3 and 44-99 fishing and 56-91 mining before they permed my skiller

9. Unread #5 - May 2, 2009 at 8:21 PM
  10. Triggerfinger
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

Hmm so its worth a shot then. I will try it with a free account I got. Thanks

11. Unread #6 - May 2, 2009 at 8:49 PM
  12. SuF
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Spam Forum Participant Sythe's 10th Anniversary

SuF Legend
    Pirate Retired Global Moderator

Do not EVER play on the same IP as you botted on with MTA. They will red flag you and watch you right away. They hate that bot and what everyone banned... So... Play and Bot on Computer b, but never play on computer a with the botting account.

13. Unread #7 - May 2, 2009 at 8:52 PM
  14. Skyline GTR
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Skyline GTR Guru

oh dam...that's only if you get flagged right?

15. Unread #8 - May 2, 2009 at 8:57 PM
  16. Triggerfinger
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

Ok that settles it. Mods can lock and close or do what ever they feel like.

17. Unread #9 - May 2, 2009 at 9:31 PM
  18. robotzindisguise
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

robotzindisguise Guru

It's a good point trigger. People using a bot can be detectable, it's safe to assume Jagex rely heavily on detecting people this way with RID, because out of the few people ever banned using MT4, all have in common, they'd either given away their identity on this website, or their identity was known from a previous ban.

Changing RS account and IP/ISP will put you back in the driving seat. Since publishing the guidelines (back in Dec '08) only one person has been banned, and that guy broke guidelines. Similar to you, he spoke openly about details of his account's activity at the MTA. To date, nobody who followed guidelines has ever been banned.

It would be against the responsible use guidelines if you use RID on an IP or RS account they can link to a RID member. So I definitely recommend getting a new IP which cannot be linked to RID, either by contacting or changing ISP. That way you will benefit from the protection the bot gives, instead of taking a gamble.

Also, if ip A and B are in the same range, (ie, if the first two numbers are the same - like if both started with 105.57.) then they can be also theoretically be linked to the same person. Sometimes if you just reset modem you'll get another IP in the same range.

19. Unread #10 - May 2, 2009 at 11:07 PM
  20. Triggerfinger
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

Yea, I got some sweet account deals in the works so I'm pretty pumped. Gives me something to do on my spare time. Mainly to see if I can finally get to Ice Barrage FFS.

But PC A is so annoying. I could leave my damn Modem unplugged for a whole day and the stupid IP wont change. Lol.

21. Unread #11 - May 2, 2009 at 11:07 PM
  22. Triggerfinger
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

Yea, I got some sweet account deals in the works so I'm pretty pumped. Gives me something to do on my spare time. Mainly to see if I can finally get to Ice Barrage FFS.

But PC A is so annoying. I could leave my damn Modem unplugged for a whole day and the stupid IP wont change. Lol.

23. Unread #12 - May 2, 2009 at 11:15 PM
  24. QQ Bloody QQ
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

QQ Bloody QQ Guru
    Banned

You gotta remember, JaGeX have system files, therefore, your I.P is there, along with the accounts you have used on that I.P

So yeah, they can,

25. Unread #13 - May 8, 2009 at 12:26 AM
  26. in need of help
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

in need of help Forum Addict

Try deleting the Jagex cache on computer A. I'm not saying it would make you safe but that could be it :)

27. Unread #14 - May 8, 2009 at 2:24 AM
  28. Merchant_in_the_dark
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Merchant_in_the_dark Grand Master
    Banned

Jagex's cache has nothing to do with IP trackers, and they definitely have them. I have IP trackers on all of my sites, and I'm sure Jagex has a much more sophisticated system then I do.

Why can't you change the IP on your second computer? If you have dynamic DNS, it should change automatically. Otherwise, invest in a transparent high-speed proxy server (always useful to have, $5 or so a month) and play RS through that.

< How do they do it? | leaked auth keys for rsbots.net bots - hurry! >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site