The Ulitimate 1-99 RuneCrafting Guide!

Discussion in 'RuneScape Guide & eBook Sales' started by xX KiLLeRTomS Xx, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unread #1 - Dec 20, 2008 at 7:53 AM
  2. xX KiLLeRTomS Xx
    Referrals:

xX KiLLeRTomS Xx Guest

hi sythers!
    Welcome to my 'Ultimate 1-99 RuneCrafting Guide'!
    In this guide im going to show you how to get 1-99 RuneCrafting! it may take 1 month- Several years, But dont worry as long as you follow my guide you will reach level 99 RuneCrafting, it took me approximatley 6 months.
    if you follow this guide you will have RuneCrafting level 99 just like myself on my main account 'Great One60'.

Getting Started off!

Before you do anything in this skill I recommend you complete the Rune Mysteries quest. This quest allows you to mine rune/pure essence, and is a requirement to later use pouches. This is a very easy quest and the guide can be found here at http://www.zybez.net/quests.php?id=43 You will also get an Air Talisman, which is needed for the next step.
    Following this quest you should Mine/Buy 7950 Rune Essence!
    This will be enough essence to get you to level 44 runecrafting with approximately 10 hours of work! Check this out at the current ge price Below;

[​IMG]

To begin your runecrafting career you will be making air runes. To do this begin in Falador east bank. Bank all heavy armor, clothing, and weapons that you may currently be wearing. The ideal setup would be boots of lightness, spottier cape, and penance gloves. After getting setup, withdraw your air talisman, 1 regular tiara, and a full load of rune essence (plain tiaras can often be found in the Falador general store). [​IMG]

Now run south to the air altar as illustrated in the map. Use the talisman on the ruins to enter to the altar. Once you enter craft all your essence, and use the tiara on the altar. You will receive an air tiara, which you should now wear. Now run back to the bank and withdraw 28 rune essence. Repeat this process until level 14 runecrafting. This will have used up 301 rune essence, which is only 11 trips to the altar.
    Note: If you want to save time, I advise you use Falador teleport tablets. Just withdraw 10 of them and you’re all set.

[​IMG]

Fire Runes
    At this point you will be making what seems like a LOT of fires. For this section you will need to purchase 80 rings of dueling which will cost you 87k at current prices. You will only need around 75, but you will misclick occasionally, and the extras are handy for abyss RCing later. You will also need to purchase a fire talisman.[URL=http://imageshack.us][​IMG][/URL]

Your inventory and setup will be the exact same as air crafting except for the addition of a duel ring. You may opt to leave one duel ring on your finger and one in your inventory to save time, but it doesn’t matter. The second you save by not clicking the armor button loses some of its potential when you make 1 less fire rune on each trip. Notice the placement of the ring in my inventory. This means when I right click I am already hovering over the rub selection. This makes it the fastest possible position.[​IMG]

Start out at any bank with one of the inventories mention above. Use your duel ring to teleport to the duel arena, and run just south of the gates to the ruins. Enter them like before and proceed to craft all your essence. Now, again like before, use your tiara on the fire altar and you will receive a fire tiara. Wear this and rub your ring of dueling to teleport to the Castle Wars lobby. There is a one click bank chest here, and you will replenish your rune essence. Withdraw a full inventory, and once again teleport to the duel arena. Use up all your remaining essence here and you will end up at level 44 RuneCrafting. Hopefully you’re getting excited, because your work is paying off and you can now make nature runes.[URL=http://imageshack.us][​IMG][/URL]

[SIZE="3[COLOR="Red"]"]*NOTE*After every 4 runs remember to grab a new duel ring. This is also great preparation for exchanging glories while doing abyss runs. If you are using the duel ring in your inventory method make sure you also have one equipped in case of a misclick that leaves you stranded somewhere.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Crafting Natures
    At this point you are probably very comfortable with the way RuneCrafting works. Well, tough luck because now you will be introduced to an entirely different way of doing it. Here enters the Abyss, and you can now be considered a True RuneCrafter. [​IMG]

Below I have a picture of the RuneCrafting tab in my bank. It is set up with all the things that I will possibly need while RuneCrafting. I’ll explain each item and the importance it plays in my RuneCrafting, it also helps you searching your bank for hours on end just too find the item because there all together and you wont miss a thing!

[img=http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/9179/mybanktc8.png]

♣ Boots of Lightness/Spottier Cape – Explained earlier, it keeps my overall weight minimal.
    ♣ Pouches – Used to carry extra essence to the altar, I will explain shortly
    ♣ Book of Saradomin – Gives defensive bonuses, replaced free, and lightweight. Perfect for the Abyss
    ♣ Mithril Pickaxe – The lightest weight of all metals and is used to enter into the center of the Abyss
    ♣ Amulet of Glory – Used to teleport back to Edgeville, the closest bank to the Abyss
    ♣ Rings of Dueling – Worn in case I forget to exchange my glory amulet for one with charges
    ♣ Games Necklace – Teleport to the Heroes Guild to recharge my glory amulets
    ♣ Salmon – If I get back from a run and I was attacked by a revenant, or took too much damage, this is a quick and cheap way to get my health back up
    ♣ Pure essence – Got to have it to craft any member runes. Keep it as close to the inventory side of your bank to reduce mouse movement.

POUCHES:
    Pouches are one of the greatest tools a Runecrafter can utilize. They come in 4 increasing sizes, and each one can hold more essence than the other. The first and smallest pouch can hold up to 3 essence. The medium pouch will hold up to 6 essence. The large pouch will hold 9 essence, and the giant pouch will hold a whopping 12 essence! This means that with all the pouches you can craft 54 runes per trip. However, you must first complete a mini quest to earn the right to use these. Even after completion, each pouch requires a certain level to use.

[​IMG]

The mage of Zamorak mini quest is nothing hard, and a simple guide to it can be found here http://runescape.salmoneus.net/ZamorakMage.html

To obtain more pouches after the completion of the mini quest you must kill monsters in the abyss. The easiest way to do this is taking a fairy ring to the alternate abyssal plane, where there are abyssal creatures and it is not multi combat. The code for this is ALR.

Your pouches will also degrade after a certain amount of use. They can easily be restored by using the right-click option on the mage that sits in the middle of the abyss.
    [​IMG]
    INVENTORY:
    Well, there isn’t much that goes into your inventory for successful nature crafting; basically just your pouches and pure essence. When you bank, have your pouches positioned on the 2nd row from the bottom. As you can see in the picture below this sets you up for the fastest possible way to empty your pouches. As soon as you right click the pouch your mouse is already hovering over the empty button. It really takes about a second to empty them. This is a trick that a lot of RuneCrafters don’t use, to their disadvantage.

[​IMG]

The order I use in my pouches from right to left is small, medium, large, giant. Craft your runes, empty the first 3 pouches, craft, then empty the last one. Craft these then you’re ready to teleport.

WHAT TO WEAR:
    There is a very large amount of items that can be worn into the abyss, and each comes with its ups and downs. The general idea is to have enough defense to not be killed, but maintaining a very light weight to craft runes faster. I will a few of the most desired equipment set ups and will explain the reason for each one, and other possible equipment.

Setup 1:
    This first setup is what I recommend for 80+ defense. As you can see there is no armor at all, which means you can run longer than any other setup. If you have them, I would also wear penance gloves here. If you only have 75+ defense, just add in barrows gloves to this setup and you’re fine. With this setup you weigh -6kg.
    [​IMG]

Setup 2:
    For 65-75 defense, you may be taking more hits than you would want if you use the above setup. To fix this just throw on a helmet of Neitiznot and barrows gloves. You should notice an immediate difference in the damage you take, while paying a 3 kg penalty. With this setup you weigh -3kg.

[​IMG]

Setup 3:
    If you are taking too much damage with the above setup still, or your defense is below 65, I would recommend doing runs with your best dragon hide armor. If you have the defense levels, I would not wear this. With this setup, you weigh 8 kg, which is quite a bit when you do this much running.

[​IMG]

Other Setups:
    There are some other choices you have in abyss runecrafting clothing. If you are taking too much damage from revenants, then a good option would be something with higher mage defense. Two very lightweight options are ghostly robes, and the bear helmet from the Mountain Daughter quest. If you have completed the Roving Elves quest and picked the shield, you can carry it with you for very high defense bonus at low weight.
    The crystal shield trick involves using 2 shields. The idea is to keep one shield at its maximum defensive level while the other one degrades. So put on your first shield and start crafting. Keep track of how many runs you did before it degraded. Now switch to the other shield. Right before you know it should degrade, switch to the first shield and IT will be the one that bumps down. This way you can keep your maximum defensive bonus.

Accessories:
    The rest of the items that I wear into the abyss can be seen in the pictures above. Of course the amulet of glory is one of the most important items in the setup. It allows me to teleport back to Edgeville to prepare for another trip. If you are doing a lot of Runecrafting, buy as many of these as you can. I use 54 right now on my main, which is the amount I can charge in two trips to the Heroes’ Guild. The duel ring is there in case I forget to change to a charged glory. It’s a fast teleport to Castle Wars and you lose almost no time (but don’t do this every time or you will be much slower).

The Saradomin book is just good, cheap, freely replaced defense. And finally my mithril pick is how I get into the abyss. Do not use any other pick except for mithril, as it weighs half as much as all other metals. How good it is does not matter in the Abyss. I do not recommend using a woodcutting axe because you will have to run farther. I’ll explain.

[​IMG]

The Abyss:
    There are 3 Abyss maps. You will be spawned onto them randomly, but there is only a few spot on each map that you will come up on. At every single spawning spot, the closest entrance is always mining or agility. The inside is smaller, so get inside the middle as soon as you can. You should always take the entrance that is closest to the nature portal (or laws, cosmics, etc..)

[​IMG]

Once you’re inside the inner ring you need to make your way to the altar portal you are using. One of the fastest ways to do this is to memorize exactly where this portal is. Once you can do this, you can start long clicking. I DID just make that term up, but its use really cuts back on time. As soon as you enter the abyss tilt your screen around and down so you can find the entrance to the altar, and click from where you are standing.
    [​IMG]

To the Bank:

Now I will guide you through the fastest way to bank. When you first arrive in Edgeville, click on your mini-map on the white dot (person) that is standing at the northernmost banker. I am standing at this spot in the picture below. Once you are here right click on the banker and choose the “bank – banker” option. By doing this you are saving time because the bank screen pulls up ½ second to a second faster. This REALLY adds up.

So the bank screen is up, now you need to store all your fresh natures. Now is also the time to store your glory amulet if it is out of charges. Withdraw all your pure essence and fill your pouches from right to left the same way you empty them. Here you would also withdraw a new glory and equip it. Now bank again and withdraw all your essence. Under level 75 you are ready to go. With your last pouch, you need to fill it and bank one more time before you are ready to go. It should only take you 10-15 seconds to bank.

Additional Knowledge:
    • When you are approaching the Zamorak Mage to enter the abyss, spin your camera down so you can click him as soon as possible. This improves your odds against revenants
    • When law crafting you CANNOT wear any armor (no pickaxe)
    • When law crafting carry a bronze pickaxe in your inventory. Do not wield it; you will waste a lot of time.

From Crafting Natures you should make approximatley 10576 natures, which adds on 100 ea to each pure ess you bought. This is 392 Trips! although after crafting that many nature runes you will be able to craft law runes.

Now when you get to crafting Laws You should need (605,470 pure essence) which will make you ( 605,470 laws ) in 22,435 trips. 605,470 laws will make you 170M! Now your half way to getting 99 runecrafting, you should be level 91 runecrafting OMG! you can now make double natures!

[​IMG]

91-99 Runecrafting! woot half way there!

right now on too making them last steps to 99 runecrafting in this you will need approximatley 792,400 Pure essence which after your done making double natures you would of made 1,584,800 Nature Runes Which makes you approx. 354m!, now you have done it[​IMG]

91-99 Optional way out, in world 36 they double natures for runners and this gets you really good exp, this exp is somets like 50k per half an hour but theres a exp limit . so if you do this make sure you want to craft some natures yourself

What The RuneCrafting gloves are for and Xp given of them!

Runecrafting Gloves

Item name : Air runecrafting gloves & level need to wear =10 x2 extra xp
    Item name : Water runecrafting gloves & level need to wear = 20 x2 extra xp
    Item name : Earth runecrafting gloves & level need to wear= 30 x2 extra xp

Expenses of Essence
    44-54 Costs 1,522,944 Gp
    54-91 Costs 87,187,680 Gp
    91-99 Costs 114,115,600 GP

Quests for Experience

Devious Minds - 5,000 exp
    The Eyes of Glouphrie - 6,000 exp
    Mage of Zamorak Mini-Quest - 1,000 exp
    Lunar Diplomacy - 5,000 exp
    Slug Menace - 3,500 exp
    What Lies Below - 8,000 exp
    Lumbridge/Draynor beginner achievement diary - Explorer Ring, gives you a 10% chance to craft an extra rune.

Enjoy your 99 RuneCrafting! & your Cash!

Please do enjoy this guide, if you feel it needs adding anything? please tell me what thanks .

Please Rate & answer the Poll.

3. Unread #2 - Dec 20, 2008 at 9:02 AM
  4. bk drk
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

bk drk Active Member

Wow this guide as really great. I say it is a 10/10

5. Unread #3 - Dec 20, 2008 at 9:30 AM
  6. WebSite
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

WebSite Apprentice

Great guide, but the quality of almost all pics is poor, try uploading better ones, and try reducing font size, it's way too big in some parts.

7/10

7. Unread #4 - Dec 20, 2008 at 9:34 AM
  8. xX KiLLeRTomS Xx
    Referrals:

xX KiLLeRTomS Xx Guest

kk all font sizes are going to be 3. apart from titles and ill retake the bad pics

9. Unread #5 - Dec 20, 2008 at 9:37 AM
  10. xX KiLLeRTomS Xx
    Referrals:

xX KiLLeRTomS Xx Guest

are you on about the pictures that have bad colouring?

11. Unread #6 - Dec 20, 2008 at 10:04 AM
  12. dont leech
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

dont leech Active Member

Really nice guide, to bad im not mentally prepared to craft all those runes.

13. Unread #7 - Dec 20, 2008 at 11:12 AM
  14. d great one
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

d great one Apprentice

Isn't abyss already known through out in RS? And I do go craft in abyss without food (cb lvl 111 in p2p, 104 in f2p). And if you are going to law altar, you can't bring armour or weapon (even if you go through portals in abyss).

15. Unread #8 - Dec 20, 2008 at 11:14 AM
  16. bi0hazard
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

bi0hazard Active Member

very nice guide 9/10. but adding your expenses "if" you are going to buy pure essences, etc would be great. :D

17. Unread #9 - Dec 20, 2008 at 11:19 AM
  18. liverpoolfan
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

liverpoolfan Active Member
    Banned

great guide 10/10 could do with better pics

19. Unread #10 - Dec 20, 2008 at 11:37 AM
  20. xX KiLLeRTomS Xx
    Referrals:

xX KiLLeRTomS Xx Guest

thank you for all your comments and i will be altering pictures tommorow when i got 30 minutes spare, and yes ill put expenses on there too !

21. Unread #11 - Dec 20, 2008 at 11:41 AM
  22. Robin tha hood
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Robin tha hood Forum Addict
    Banned

speechless lol 150/10

23. Unread #12 - Dec 20, 2008 at 4:29 PM
  24. Skilla
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Skilla Apprentice
    Banned

Excellent guide, one of the best i've seen actually.
    Goes into so many little details about saving time and everything else on top of that.

This guide has made me want to get my RC'ing up right this moment!

:laugh: Thanks

25. Unread #13 - Dec 20, 2008 at 5:57 PM
  26. Jman 1208
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Jman 1208 Apprentice
    Banned

Good Guide but you should add:

Graak for nats

Orb Minigame which i find is easier in a 50 50 world (22) to make tabs and ess for free! Ex:600+ Tokens a round (in 50 50) = 600+ pure ess and or about 15 of any tab altar in your choosing

27. Unread #14 - Dec 20, 2008 at 6:44 PM
  28. Obby_Maul
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Obby_Maul Guru
    Banned

good guide :D 9.5/10
    work on your pic quality tho :(

29. Unread #15 - Dec 20, 2008 at 7:04 PM
  30. gladiador
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

gladiador Grand Master

really nice guide 9/10

31. Unread #16 - Dec 20, 2008 at 9:38 PM
  32. michael exp
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

michael exp Forum Addict

Decent guide. 6/10

ZMI is still more efficient from 1-91 RC.

33. Unread #17 - Dec 20, 2008 at 9:46 PM
  34. Clishemz
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Clishemz Member

It's an O.K guide, but make the text smaller and change the blue text's colour. Maybe even change some of the fonts.

It's quite hard to read with it all in the same font and in big chunks of text.

Overall I'll give you an 8/10 for the effort ;)

35. Unread #18 - Dec 21, 2008 at 3:28 PM
  36. I Try So Hard
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

I Try So Hard Member

Good guide, but the pics could be cropped better. Other than that it makes crafting 100's of thousands of nature runes sound fun. ;)

37. Unread #19 - Dec 22, 2008 at 2:09 AM
  38. prevan
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

prevan Active Member

You didn't talk about ballooning laws..

39. Unread #20 - Dec 22, 2008 at 10:04 AM
  40. xX KiLLeRTomS Xx
    Referrals:

xX KiLLeRTomS Xx Guest

you made a point ill be adding the law - balloon method :)

< Want to scam gold sites? | F2P FullScreen + Vid Ad Remover >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site