First Thoughts On EOC

Discussion in 'RuneScape 3 General' started by Crime, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
First Thoughts On EOC
  1. Unread #1 - Nov 20, 2012 at 11:11 AM
  2. Crime
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Crime Member
    Banned

First Thoughts On EOC

What were your first Thoughts of EOC When You logged in?

I Really do not like the way, that you can wear an item on your back.

Thanks Crime.

3. Unread #2 - Nov 20, 2012 at 12:07 PM
  4. splodge007
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

splodge007 Active Member

First Thoughts On EOC

I thought it was going to be terrible based on my beta gameplay.

I have been a player since 2005, and I was worried about runescape completely fucking up tdoay, but it has surpassed all of my expectations

I got 200k free xp from doing the tutorial at the beginning which got my attack to 99, so I was pretty pleased about that.

And then I tested out the combat in the duel arena for 3 hours straight, I was blown away. At first I was like wtf? Then when I ordered my abilities around and figured out a strategy, I was pretty much owning everybody! I currently am dual wielding (which is THE BEST offensive in runescape currently, not sure bout mage or range yet though) and stunned my opponents for 3 secs every 15 secs, built up my adrenaline and unleashed damage over time and dual wield damage attacks. Then I would wait till I got 100% adrenaline and used the most overpowered skill ever; "Frenzy", which does 20% of their max health as damage every 2 secs. As soon as I used that it was end game. A guy I was playing against has 3/4 of his life left, and I was down to 70 hp out of 8500. Then I used frenzy, and I won in about 4 seconds....

This ability can be countered however, one person I played against saw I had a full adren bar and just as I used my frenzy ability, he used his stun skill! This means it was rendered useless, and I wasted 100% of my adrenaline! It also didnt work against ppl with shields, who can really tank damage, and have decent melee offenzive, even against mage (they can easily heal and deflect damage). While PvP was truly epic, player verses monster wasn't. I mean you can still train like normal in old runescape, using the 'momentum' ability, but monsters are just trash now. Most bosses can be slaughtered easily, since the ultimate ability 'frenzy' does damage based on the % of their health. (e.g. one guy on youtube, killed the King black dragon in seconds and dealt consecutive 9000s on him until he died using "frenzy"). I have a huge feeling Jagex will nerf this ability in the future, because it literally makes you a 'God' in the game.

Interestingly, against monsters, one no longer needs to bring any food, meaning you can camp out for ages training at monsters without the need to go back to bank. You can use 1 constitution ability called "regenerate" which converts adren into health when you are out of combat. Alternatively you can switch to a def build and equip your shield to heal yourself up quickly and fully with defence skills. You can change from melee to mage or range pretty quickly, the ability bars just have to cool down for a few seconds after you change weapons. Currently 'off-hand' weapons can be used for the shield hand in dual wielding. I am using an off-hand dragon longsword right now, as I dont have chaotics, and a whip in my main. I don't think there is an off-hand whip available. However this doesnt matter too much. The abilities that dual wielding give you access too really matter. I faced a guy 15 cb levels higher than me (he was lvl 192), and he was dual wielding 2 chaotic rapiers. I beat him 5 times in a row, with my whip and d longsword, which shows that actual skill can greatly affect the outcome of a battle now, not just how powerful your weapons are.

Also, you can drag a food item into one of your ability slots, and if you hotbind this to a key on your keyboard, you can eat about 10 pieces of food in a second and go from 1 hp to 9000hp in 1 second. Jagex needs to have a look at this, it feels ridiculous to instantly heal and use so much food so quickly.

One final note is that Castle Wars, is ruined right now. The Eoc combat was good for 1v1 combat but on Castle wars, where so many people are fighting and using different abilities, you literally have no idea what the hell is going on, and you just end up spamming your skills. The only way I can see Jagex fixing this is further limiting the number of people who can enter each castle wars match.

I haven't even begun seeing what has happened to skilling in rs, but I imagine everything can be trained faster. So overall, it is pretty good, runescape has benefitted from this change in my opinion, and is actually fun to play now. Combat no longer relies solely on how rich, or lucky you are, but on actual skill and tactics too. There are some major issues that need to be looked at, but overall, its a thumbs up from me.

5. Unread #3 - Nov 20, 2012 at 12:12 PM
  6. Crime
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Crime Member
    Banned

First Thoughts On EOC

Thanks for the amazing reply mate! I thought same because of my beta experience

7. Unread #4 - Nov 20, 2012 at 12:13 PM
  8. Gelb1278
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Gelb1278 Active Member
    Banned

First Thoughts On EOC

Awesome

9. Unread #5 - Nov 20, 2012 at 1:39 PM
  10. yaswaggin
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

yaswaggin Forum Addict
    Banned

First Thoughts On EOC

where is tutorial in lumbridge for EOC? cant find it

11. Unread #6 - Nov 20, 2012 at 1:45 PM
  12. skybluesam1
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

skybluesam1 Guru

First Thoughts On EOC

The new Eoc is awesome :) am totally loving it so far is a super update. Time can only tell if it will continue to be good I suppose :).

13. Unread #7 - Nov 20, 2012 at 1:57 PM
  14. Gypsy Papes
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Gypsy Papes Member

First Thoughts On EOC

When I first logged, I was very excited, 5 minutes later I wqas contemplating quitting. Now, I have logged (possibly for the final time) I am debating on quitting permanantly.. I hope they realize what they're doing at JaGex.. They ruined my favorite game,.

15. Unread #8 - Nov 20, 2012 at 2:02 PM
  16. Emperor Nero
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Sythe's 10th Anniversary Heidy

Emperor Nero Hero
    $5 USD Donor New

First Thoughts On EOC

It doesn't have that same RS feel. It's something different now. An end of an era if you will and the Jagex attempt to put new wallpaper in an old house.

17. Unread #9 - Nov 20, 2012 at 4:32 PM
  18. R
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    In Memory of Jon <3 n4n0 Sythe Awards 2013 Winner

R Legend
    Retired Administrator Roary Donor Mudkips Legendary

First Thoughts On EOC

@Crime, you can equip the items normally without having them on your back in case you weren't aware.

19. Unread #10 - Nov 20, 2012 at 5:57 PM
  20. rue
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

rue Guru

First Thoughts On EOC

In my opinion it was much needed, went to the combat tutor and afterwards fell in love with the new combat system. I'll admit I was mildly leery about this update at first, didn't bother trying the beta either for the record. Overall though, this was a great decision on their part, especially with momentum but apparently it's 10 minutes rather than 20 which should be changed.

21. Unread #11 - Nov 20, 2012 at 6:16 PM
  22. Uchiha_Sasuke
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Halloween 2021 Christmas 2021 Summer 2021 Halloween 2020 Sythe's 15th Anniversary Halloween 2013

Uchiha_Sasuke Guru
    $5 USD Donor New

First Thoughts On EOC

All I can say ATM is that you stand and run as if a huge stick is shoved up your ass

23. Unread #12 - Nov 20, 2012 at 7:17 PM
  24. joj0r
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Oktoberfest 2013 Halloween 2013 Tier 1 Prizebox Christmas 2013

joj0r Guru
    $25 USD Donor New

First Thoughts On EOC

1 thing is confusing; when you hover over a player, sometimes you see their total lvl, and sometimes their skill lvl. should be the same, not sometimes this and sometimes that

25. Unread #13 - Nov 20, 2012 at 7:39 PM
  26. solidus snake
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

solidus snake Member

First Thoughts On EOC

It depends if their sheathed or unsheathed, combat is unsheathed as your ready to fight.

27. Unread #14 - Nov 20, 2012 at 8:03 PM
  28. Intestine
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Intestine Member
    Banned

First Thoughts On EOC

I'm a pker, ever since the BH craters. That's the only reason i'm been playing. When they first announced the EOC i thought of instantly quitting but wanted to have fun. Today, when i logged onto runescape, The PVP base of the game was changed, it makes no sense and is just a bunch of spamming letters/numbers/icons. I don't know how jagex claims this is "skill." I wish they would make another world, just for the old way of PK, as they did with the BH worlds, and only grant us access to the GE/Wilderness. To sum it up, It's awful.

29. Unread #15 - Nov 21, 2012 at 1:52 AM
  30. -Ryan
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    -Ryan#2126
    Two Factor Authentication User In Memory of Jon Heidy Summer 2016 STEVE (3)

-Ryan Make Sythe Great Again!
    Retired Global Moderator $100 USD Donor New

First Thoughts On EOC

< EoC Sucks! | Changing Password >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site