Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

Discussion in 'Gaming General' started by KSIOlajidebt, Jun 7, 2012.

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?
  1. Unread #1 - Jun 7, 2012 at 4:51 AM
  2. KSIOlajidebt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

KSIOlajidebt Forum Addict

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

What are your thoughts on Halo 4?

IMO, looks decent, feels and plays like a Halo game, and considering that half of the people who made the Star Wars Battlefront games have joined 343i , it may have the making of a good game, better than Halo 2/3?

Post below

3. Unread #2 - Jun 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM
  4. djweasel
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

djweasel Legend
    Do Not Trade

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

Doubt anything will be bigger than Halo 3. I think that game is one of the best and Halo 4 should just be that redone.

5. Unread #3 - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM
  6. isuckathalo1
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Penguin MushyMuncher Gohan has AIDS Two Factor Authentication User

isuckathalo1 Guru
    $5 USD Donor New

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

i agree i would pay $60 if halo 4 was just the same game play and style as halo 3 just with new maps. That would be sweet!! I think they are trying to be more like COD which is a no no in my opinion.

7. Unread #4 - Jun 8, 2012 at 12:03 PM
  8. Quatakai
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Username:
    quatakai

Quatakai Grand Master
    Quatakai Donor Legendary Retired Sectional Moderator

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

From what Ive seen already, it looks good and Ill be picking it up for the coop campaign and to mess around a bit on the multiplayer.

9. Unread #5 - Jun 8, 2012 at 12:03 PM
  10. djweasel
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

djweasel Legend
    Do Not Trade

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

I've felt that way since Reach came out. I prefer the 1-50 like halo 3 had and you could go up or down. I didn't really like Reach being so far to rank up. Personally I think it was stupid when you'd play 50s with 20 games though.

11. Unread #6 - Jun 8, 2012 at 4:31 PM
  12. isuckathalo1
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Penguin MushyMuncher Gohan has AIDS Two Factor Authentication User

isuckathalo1 Guru
    $5 USD Donor New

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

ya that does kinda suck about playing 50s but i fucking hated reach like it almost ruined the series for me i loved the 1-50 and loved how halo 3 was totally different then COD4 but now it seems they are merging the games to be more similar every new title they put out. im so tired of how the ranking system works in Reach but i guess they will never go back to how halo 3 was :( The abilities like jet pack and sprint are just stupid. i still like going back and playing halo 3.

13. Unread #7 - Jun 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM
  14. BeeVer
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

BeeVer Guru

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

The only thing I agree with you is the ranking system. I was a fan of highest skill because it showed somewhat skill. Now you can be completely shit and be inheritor. Don't see how they're merging the games to be more similar though, enlighten me :) ?

The abilities aren't too bad except for a few. Sprint and jetpack are fine.

15. Unread #8 - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:19 PM
  16. lntrigued
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Tier 1 Prizebox

lntrigued Forum Addict
    $25 USD Donor New Competition Winner

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

I'll get it in hopes of it being a competitive game for MLG, which I was pretty big in Halo 3 for. I hope it plays as well as H2, and gets as big as H3. That would be excellent.

17. Unread #9 - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:24 PM
  18. Rockerr
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Christmas 2013

Rockerr Guru

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

From the facts that were given to me pre-E3 i wasn't looking forward to this game. The E3 campaign gameplay has restored my faith in the storyline to be good and the main reason why i'm buying it.

I personally hated 1-50. This game however seems like a recovery from ODST & Reach. The ranking however is still the same as Halo Reach's to those who disliked it.

The good thing about this is that it seems that skilled players will have an advantage. It doesn't feel casual to me. I saw a full match where someone who'se probably never played halo before as he was constantly meleeing around the place. It was obvious to me that this game will take skill to master. Pre-Ordered Limited Edition just because I've had every Halo to date.

19. Unread #10 - Jun 9, 2012 at 7:01 AM
  20. MarineKingPrime
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

MarineKingPrime Active Member
    Trade With Caution

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

Well, Alot of people are expecting big things from Halo 4 so they're expectations are really high, so it will be hard to fufill thoose expectations seen as theres so much hype, Who know's the gameplay@E3 looked good.

21. Unread #11 - Jun 9, 2012 at 11:20 AM
  22. djweasel
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

djweasel Legend
    Do Not Trade

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

I will still buy it over Black Ops 2. I personally wish the 1-50 would come back. I used to want a brig gen so bad. I mean owned a few but never kept em.

23. Unread #12 - Jun 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM
  24. KSIOlajidebt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

Watched several gameplays and I've yet to see some sort of Skill system implemented into the game, but who knows, there could be a different playlist for Highest Skill levels.

And something else, Are power weapons pick up as well as ordered from the new Ordanance Kill Streak thingy?

25. Unread #13 - Jun 9, 2012 at 2:57 PM
  26. fredecus
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

fredecus Apprentice

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

By the look of the campaign it looked like they were trying to restore the feel of halo 3 and 2. Now that I am going back to college for the year I will have a good amount of game time.

I loved the 1-50 ranking system. I did not like the quick leveling to 50 (especially in mlg), I think if you have an account you need to stick with it and not use anything else. Not going to lie though I did do it once. Reach was like Call of Duty, you could be playing with the best player in the world, but you could have the worst player in the world also. The 1-50 ranking system really helped. Not the stupid xp ranks that are only in place to make people feel good.

If the multiplayer maps are anything like Reach I will not play online. They seem lazily made and not well tested. Especially the spawns. I didn't like the way the maps for the most part were forged maps all grey, ugly maps. Don't get me started on load outs.

I did not like the physics of the grenades and explosions or the motion blur effect....I could go on and on about the negatives. I will say the campaign was fun to play, forge was really great and free, some great maps have been made, and the armory was pretty cool. Other than that/ they completely bombed multi-player. Anyone can be good at Reach, to me it takes less skill and is near impossible to create strategies when the spawns are so random.

Forgot to talk about the way weapons come in. I think either it will be a great addition to gameplay like making the live adjustments to get power weapons or they will not do it right and the placement of the weapons could bone people in the end of games too often.

27. Unread #14 - Jun 15, 2012 at 9:40 PM
  28. Dimethyl
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Dimethyl Grand Master
    $5 USD Donor New

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

It looks awesome. I think it will be the best one yet.

29. Unread #15 - Jun 16, 2012 at 7:22 AM
  30. kmjt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

kmjt -.- The nocturnal life chose me -.-
    Banned

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

Aha gotta love living away from home. Nice priorities :laugh:

Personally I probably won't even be trying Halo 4. I stopped playing Halo after Halo 3. I could care less about campaign; I strictly played multiplayer online. Halo 3 kind of pissed me off because they started introducing retarded weapons like swords and gravity hammers that took a lot of skill away from the multiplayer online aspect of the game. That is why I think Halo 2 was the best, the online multiplayer was amazing. But then again I guess this game isn't really your typical warfare game so weapons won't always be realistic. Anyone know how Halo 4 online multiplayer is going to be? Also what retarded weapons are in Halo 4?

31. Unread #16 - Jun 16, 2012 at 2:32 PM
  32. Har-Aken
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Har-Aken Forum Addict
    Banned

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

I agree with some of what you're saying but just a look at it from the other side. You said in halo 3 they introduced Gravity hammer and swords. Honestly, the sword was not only in Halo 2 as well, it was 200% more effective. Longer range, Faster slices, could switch to it and instantly use it. Not to mention the Plasma Pistol. The plasma pistol would legitimately follow you around corners it was so good. I agree Halo 3 was worse than Halo 2, I'm a die hard halo 2 fan. I could Quadshot, I actually still play Claw if you know what that is. Anyways, There were down sides to Halo 2 but overall I agree it was the best multiplayer. Also if you check youtube there are a few Multiplayer Videos from Halo 4, personally I think it looks trash. You can turn some shiled thing on that allows you to see through walls. Anyways check it out

33. Unread #17 - Jun 16, 2012 at 5:30 PM
  34. kmjt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

kmjt -.- The nocturnal life chose me -.-
    Banned

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

Haha i'm guilty of loving the noob combo. Although it does take some skill. Those who were good weren't really effected by it because they knew how to hide and ride walls etc. Battle rifle was by far my favourite gun.

I forgot to mention but what I really hated about Halo 3 were those buffs like invisibility or double health, but i'm sure there are lots of people who enjoyed that aspect. Also there was nothing worse then getting camped by a noob in a banshee lmao.

35. Unread #18 - Jun 17, 2012 at 10:16 AM
  36. KSIOlajidebt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

Screens of the Needler and Sniper for H4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

37. Unread #19 - Jun 17, 2012 at 6:30 PM
  38. <3☻
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

<3☻ Grand Master
    Banned

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

Hopefully Halo 4 will be a huge success, regardless I'm going to buy it and play it for damn sure.

39. Unread #20 - Jun 17, 2012 at 10:02 PM
  40. atlbraves341
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Discord Username:
    actualitysm#6929

atlbraves341 Grand Master

Halo 4 - Epic/Fail?

I Personally like Reach with No bloom No sprint(Current MLG settings) with no armor abilities except a jackpack pick-up better than H3. I love the BR and everything but the Online connections are probably the worst on any competitive game. If Reach was No bloom No sprint, had a couple more maps(even though I dont really mind boring grey maps with they play well) and had 1-50 out of the box, I believe it would have done better than H3.

But I really don't think H4 looks good or will be that great of a game. Going to sound like everyone else, but its getting too much like cod. Sprint as default and Loadouts. The BR sounds like a silenced burst weapon from cod and I dont like the look of it. The sniper looks absolutely terrible. It looks like an upgraded graphical H3 sniper but I saw Bestman use it and it looked so hard to use. Dont get me started on how the DMR looks.

I know it's not finished yet but Mehh. We'll have to wait and see.

Edit: I didn't even see the Screenshots of the sniper lol. Well, there you go.

< Halo 4 or Black Ops 2 | Black Ops 2 - Mystery Box Unlock On Round 1 Zombies Tutorial >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site