Last Nights Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Movies/Television' started by x339, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Unread #1 - Mar 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM
  2. x339
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

x339 Grand Master
    Do Not Trade

So Shane finally got it, I have to say that it didn't have as big as an impact as I would have hoped (considering I was expecting it), but it was still an amazing moment. The setting, the dialogue, and everything else was just perfect. The writers of this show truly do continue to amaze me!

It was also refreshing to see them do something new with the virus, I think that will add some great depth to the story.

I also have a theory; In the end of the first season Jenner whispered a secret into Rick's ear before they escaped, this secret made Rick pretty much lose all hope for some reason. I believe he was telling Rick that the virus is now dormant inside of everyone, and he won't tell the group so they don't lose all hope as well. I also think that Lori's baby will be pure and the only hope for the continuation of humanity.

What are your thoughts?

3. Unread #2 - Mar 13, 2012 at 10:51 PM
  4. Some Random Kid
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Some Random Kid Member

Very nice theory. That would be pretty intense if that were true, but I didn't even remember that moment in the series, so I doubt they'll expect everyone else to.

What do you mean when you said they did something new with the virus? I don't remember that part, but I was a bit distracted irl when I watched it.

The end of Shane was definitely perfect. I kept thinking he'd have a second gun or something and shoot him when he turned back around, but the knife was just spectacular. Then when Carl came into play I was like oh shitttt, but then well.. you know what happened lol.

Tl;dr: Awesome episode, nice theory x339, gg Shane.

5. Unread #3 - Mar 18, 2012 at 9:27 AM
  6. Ancient SaiF
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Ancient SaiF Forum Addict
    Banned

Hmm.

Thats a good thing you remember as I dont remember it. From what you've analysed, I think they're gonna use these 'theories' possibly in Season 3 and maybe somehow end the series with the baby being immune to the virus, and the blood of the baby being the cure.

7. Unread #4 - Mar 19, 2012 at 2:12 AM
  8. I Bleed Duke Blue
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

I Bleed Duke Blue Sephiroth
    Do Not Trade

It was abundantly clear that they are all infected as evidenced by a couple of things...

Remember the hanging zombie? He was hung to a tree, the guy having hung himself. Now tell me, how would a zombie hang himself lol. He was too high to get bitten aswell.. so that was a huge clue that people reanimate into a zombie no matter what the cause of death is. It also explains why there are so many of them.

Edit: I could go into more detail and examples, but it was pretty much proven with the Randall kid turning into a zombie too that everyone reanimates. And of course tonight it was revealed that's what Jenner said.

The actor for Shane got his own show, so it's not surprising that he died.

9. Unread #5 - Mar 19, 2012 at 5:36 AM
  10. Ancient SaiF
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

I dont think the ending to Season 2 was as good as the first one was. Though I cant wait for fall to come and to see whats in that fortress or whatevs in the end.

All in all, it seems obvious they're gonna use this 'air infection' thing to create more of a story and Im wondering what happened to Andrea as she got saved by some hooded person with armless 'pets'

11. Unread #6 - Mar 19, 2012 at 6:08 AM
  12. x339
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

x339 Grand Master
    Do Not Trade

Actually the first evidence of that happening was with the cops at the place where Rick and Shane fought. The zombie who hung himself wrote a sign that said something like "Got bit, fever hit, world's gone to shit, time to quit", which means he was bitten and tried to hang himself to avoid his inevitable fate.

That "fortress" was actually a prison, and the hooded character is Michonne from the comics.

13. Unread #7 - Mar 19, 2012 at 7:49 AM
  14. Ancient SaiF
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

Ah im looking for the comics to buy, but cant get them anywhere :/

Michonne is a good guy im guessing?

15. Unread #8 - Mar 19, 2012 at 12:06 PM
  16. Some Random Kid
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Some Random Kid Member

Yeah well I'm just curious how there are really zombies in one piece at all though. Seems like every time we see someone get attacked by a zombie, they get like half eaten or their insides ripped out, but when we see like Sophia, she's hardly harmed at all. I suppose they just have it happen that way because it makes a better series, but doesn't seem plausible, unless it's the whole everyone is infected, yada yada..

17. Unread #9 - Mar 19, 2012 at 1:55 PM
  18. I Bleed Duke Blue
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Do Not Trade

Yes, but even in killing himself he reanimated, but I guess you're right, the sign was probably used to throw us off the scent.

19. Unread #10 - Mar 19, 2012 at 2:50 PM
  20. Ivy Bridge
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Ivy Bridge Guru
    Banned

Can't wait for season 3 haha. Shane's death was perfectly executed, but I admit I will miss him in the series. He was the main source of conflict, and he seemed to be the only one who could make the tough decisions. Didn't much care for his personality, but his character had a place within the group. I've speculated for a long time about what Jenner said to Rick and the only things I could think of were that the infection was airborne or that Lori was pregnant. It's also a nice change to see so much action for once, as season 2 really slowed the pace down quite a lot. Looks like that should be changing with season 3, and I'm really excited to see what goes on with Michonne and the prison.

Overall, probably one of the best shows on TV atm. :)

21. Unread #11 - Mar 19, 2012 at 3:13 PM
  22. x339
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

x339 Grand Master
    Do Not Trade

Well the people who get completely ripped apart don't come back as zombies, which means that the people who do come back (i.e. sophia) must have either been bitten and then escaped, scratched, or died from another cause (and then reanimated because everyone is infected).

By killing himself he didn't get rid of the bite infection, so even if everyone wasn't infected, he was because of the bite so he would have come back anyways.

23. Unread #12 - Mar 19, 2012 at 7:21 PM
  24. I Bleed Duke Blue
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Do Not Trade

Well if you watched the Webisodes that one lady got ripped apart (The Lady from season one that was like half a zombie and Rick shot/mercy killed). So who knows, I think as long as the brain is intact they reanimate, why Daryl shot Dale in the head I'm guessing.

I thought what would have been cool and a total shocker would have been to make one of the survivors reanimate out of thin air. Like they could have done this with Shane..all the sudden he reanimates and Carl Shoots him, minus the whole Rick killing him, which I was fine with. But if they did that it would have showed it is airborne, etc etc or just that danger is imminent/everywhere.

25. Unread #13 - Mar 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM
  26. x339
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

x339 Grand Master
    Do Not Trade

Thats exactly what they did do? Rick killed Shane, and then he reanimated almost instantly. Then Carl shot him, that's how we knew everyone was infected.

27. Unread #14 - Mar 19, 2012 at 7:42 PM
  28. I Bleed Duke Blue
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Do Not Trade

No I know I know, I'm saying I would have been more shocked if Shane just reanimated without being killed by Rick, so they open up some other means to get infected, like you were saying with Sophia.

Though a lot of people would have been upset with that because at least everyone I talked to universally agreed Rick should/would be the one to kill him.

29. Unread #15 - Mar 19, 2012 at 7:53 PM
  30. x339
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

x339 Grand Master
    Do Not Trade

It wouldn't make sense for him to turn into a zombie without being killed, that would just kill the story because it means anyone can turn into a zombie. So people will be asking "why isn't she a zombie? and why isn't he a zombie?". There would be no point.

31. Unread #16 - Mar 19, 2012 at 7:57 PM
  32. I Bleed Duke Blue
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Do Not Trade

You're not grasping the point, which is shocking because you just got done explaining it about Sophia. I'm not saying he just magically turns into a zombie. I'm saying he got scratched or some other form which would show how easy it is to actually be infected..since for like the whole first half of the second season nothing was happening and it was pretty bland.

Is that really hard to understand?

Look all I'm saying is variety won't hurt the show, they have already shown they're not going to conform wholly to the Comic, so shocks + surprises are to be expected. I'm just hurling out ideas man, no need for the sarcastic answers.

Okay but in all seriousness, I wonder what contributes to how fast they reanimate. I remember it took a while for Amy to reanimate .. and she was bitten in the neck. Shane reanimated a lot more quickly and wasn't directly killed by a zombie. Just me thinking out loud.

33. Unread #17 - Mar 20, 2012 at 5:01 AM
  34. Ancient SaiF
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

I think the longer the infection is inside you/how much longer time it has to spread, the quicker you reanimate.

35. Unread #18 - Mar 20, 2012 at 3:48 PM
  36. youknowwho
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

youknowwho Forum Addict

Man was that a good last 2 episodes. I have absolutely fallen in love with walking dead. I wish it left us on a better not rather than just leaving in that little camp. Interesting to see that prison and the hooded lady but i wish it left something crazy for next season :nuts:

I pirated all the episodes but now i will be tuning in weekly.

< The Hunger Games | All Time Favorite Horror/Thriller Movies >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest

Adblock breaks this site