Just to Clarify

Discussion in 'Archives' started by R2Pleasent, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Just to Clarify
  1. Unread #21 - Feb 28, 2012 at 6:07 AM
  2. Alteranz
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Alteranz Hero
    Zombie Angelic Retired Global Moderator

Just to Clarify

Okay, so before we go anywhere and get in a full-blown (not to mention unnecessary) argument with each other - how about those that are complaining/inquiring/questioning the spamming as well as excessive bumping rule propose viable solutions to the matter at hand rather than point out flaws in the System that us Moderators did our best to create.

Our goal on the staff team was to create an even trading ground as well as environment for ALL members of the community - these efforts were not to punish nor target you R2 (and others) but to simply give the smaller traders and sellers a chance in the market.

The solution must take every facet of the community into account, and be something that does not favor you top dogs. I understand this will be hard as your decisions and reasoning revolves around personal gain/profit as opposed to the good of the community - but if you are pushing for change, then make a proposal for change, not a rant.

3. Unread #22 - Feb 28, 2012 at 6:45 AM
  4. kmjt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

kmjt -.- The nocturnal life chose me -.-
    Banned

Just to Clarify

I did in fact make a proposal if you bothered to read my whole post. Never mind if that wasn't addressed at me.

Cosrob until those are added in and set in stone there is always going to be confusion. As it is the confusion > "people that don't bother reading it" and the confusion is exactly what is getting people infractions, although I guess if you say your 700 spam reports say otherwise I will have to take your word.

You can't just assume that because we vouch for them hours after they vouched for us that we are trying to manipulate the system. I always vouch people when they ask me to. Many people will come back and ask me for a vouch hours, even days after a completed transaction, and many big sellers can attest for this. So I simply decline their request for me to vouch them?

Another thing. People like having vouches in main threads (not vouch forum thread) because it shows that persons' future buyers/sellers that they have transacted with me. Not to mention once again that many people do not have vouch threads in the vouch forum, they request a vouch in my own thread for their future reference.

Personally? No I don't care. But I can tell you there is that odd person in the bunch, and even though that person is odd that would be one too many sales to lose if I in any way had a negative impact on that person. I cater to my customers. I give them what they want, I tell them what they want to hear. In exchange they give me their business and i'm grateful for it. But in the end i'm here to take their money and I use my legitimate business techniques to do so. You may not think these little things mean anything but to some people they do. Stop thinking like you and think like your customers. Just because you don't like eating metal doesn't mean others don't. Stupid? Yeah. But theres always odd people.

Maybe you are a bit confused as to what I mean by the double post double vouch scenario. I would never have 2 consecutive vouch posts in my thread (double posting). But say theres a post by some stranger after the first vouch, or many for that matter. Don't you find it odd for me to go back a couple of posts just to edit in another vouch because the customer didn't think until now to ask for the vouch?

Cosrob thank you for taking the time to read and reply.

5. Unread #23 - Feb 28, 2012 at 7:15 AM
  6. Kenpen
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Kenpen We are all Witnesses
    Banned

Just to Clarify

To R2, Nope that was not needed at all, And the Pm System and so on exist for a reason, When he refreshes the page a pm will pop up, There's no guarantee he will go back to the same thread, That post was not needed at all and was just you trying to get a free bump in there.

7. Unread #24 - Feb 28, 2012 at 8:04 AM
  8. SuF
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Spam Forum Participant Sythe's 10th Anniversary

SuF Legend
    Pirate Retired Global Moderator

Just to Clarify

They have.

I have to agree with R2 and the such on this one. The bumping rule we have now is there for absolutely no reason. We have a bumping rule to keep the section sane, so that it does not turn into the RS forums where you bump every 5 minutes. This also keeps your post count down which is simply an added benefit. Adding more to the rule about answering questions and not simply sticking with a no double posting rule doesn't do anything more. It doesn't make it more fair. Small sellers still get less business than large sellers and thus their threads get bumped less. Should we make it so that only thread starters can post and all trades need to be done by PM to make sure that small sellers have exactly the same chance of having their thread on the top of the forum as large sellers? Well, if you really actually want to make it fair and equal for everyone, that's the only way to do it, so that's what I propose. Or just make it fair and go back to a simple double posting rule because adding more to that gets you nothing except for more infractions and annoyance.

Edit:

You can not know what his motives are for posting and stating he is doing it for bad reasons, without any real proof of the matter, is just being aggressive and offensive for no reason.

9. Unread #25 - Feb 28, 2012 at 8:41 AM
  10. Alteranz
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Alteranz Hero
    Zombie Angelic Retired Global Moderator

Just to Clarify

No, don't worry it was addressed at others. It just frustrates me to see members create nonconstructive threads and push for change without proposing any possible changes. Hopefully from this point we're all just able to work together :)

11. Unread #26 - Feb 28, 2012 at 9:36 AM
  12. Karl
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Karl Devils Advocate
    Do Not Trade

Just to Clarify

I am not in favour of changing the rule, those who fail to adapt to it will be punished, and even if we do change it, you'll end up complaining about it again anyway when you get infracted and ask for a change again.

13. Unread #27 - Feb 28, 2012 at 10:25 AM
  14. just un dude
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

just un dude Hero
    Do Not Trade

Just to Clarify

I'm also not in favour of changing the rule.

But as I've discussed with punjabi before, the rule should be clarified more simply and say something like 'A second post in 8 hours regardless of the contents is not allowed'.

15. Unread #28 - Feb 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM
  16. kmjt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

Just to Clarify

Care to explain why you aren't in favour instead of out right rejecting it? We're here to have a discussion not to be left in the air and back to square one. For all I know your reasoning can be good. But you seem to base a lot of things on assumption, which isn't fair to us.

Regardless of content? So no confirming in thread requests?

Veterans should be promoted instead of punished by this "fair for everyone" system. We have been here the longest to prove ourself, and all of us had to go through the same process to get to where we are so it was fair. This is one of the only forums I don't see promoting veteran sellers. Most forums give you a sticky option if you are a reputable seller and willing to pay a fee. Even playerauctions puts their veteran shops at the top of the list and promotes them on their homepage.

17. Unread #29 - Feb 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM
  18. just un dude
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

just un dude Hero
    Do Not Trade

Just to Clarify

Yep, like I said regardless of the contents.

Anything posted on the thread can be communicated through PM instead or for example msn if you have that already. A verification that you're talking to someone can also just be pmed, including the e-mail adress you're talking from and partial conversation.

19. Unread #30 - Feb 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM
  20. kmjt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

Just to Clarify

You assume that everyone knows what a PM is.

21. Unread #31 - Feb 28, 2012 at 12:56 PM
  22. just un dude
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

just un dude Hero
    Do Not Trade

Just to Clarify

I assume everyone can read when it says you have a private message, yes.

23. Unread #32 - Feb 28, 2012 at 1:36 PM
  24. Emperor Nero
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Sythe's 10th Anniversary Heidy

Emperor Nero Hero
    $5 USD Donor New

Just to Clarify

I have a to agree with Karl, and anyone who has been here for a few months will know that this same thread has been made about the bump rule three times - all for different bump rules. Each time the bump rule gets revised and then the thread gets made again. Why don't we just make it extremely unfair and sticky all of the major gold shops? There has to be some sort of compromise but if you are always complaining and not constructively suggesting revisions then there will be no compromise.

25. Unread #33 - Feb 28, 2012 at 1:38 PM
  26. SuF
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    <3 n4n0 Two Factor Authentication User Community Participant Spam Forum Participant Sythe's 10th Anniversary

SuF Legend
    Pirate Retired Global Moderator

Just to Clarify

That's an unfair assumption.

So we are making the market impossibly hard to use which in turn will drive new members away from our forums for what exactly?

Edit:

The bumping rule has been questioned so many times recently because it has been the exact same awful rule with different wording. Before it got changed to this, no one had an issue with it other than changing the amount of time now and then.

27. Unread #34 - Feb 28, 2012 at 1:42 PM
  28. kmjt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

Just to Clarify

Can you assume everyone has sythe? No. Many ghost viewers are customers and are unable to view private messages because they have no sythe account. Posting a snippet of our convo on msn in my thread is the only way to confirm its me to them.

We have given our suggestions.

29. Unread #35 - Feb 28, 2012 at 1:58 PM
  30. just un dude
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

just un dude Hero
    Do Not Trade

Just to Clarify

How hard is it to read an msn adress? If you were hacked, you would be responsible for the losses from your customers anyway.
    Also, guests who view your thread can't be added by imposters, they can't post their msn.. so that's out of the question.

And I'm sure your sythe account would be hacked or banned aswell, but whatever that's a different subject.

31. Unread #36 - Feb 28, 2012 at 2:04 PM
  32. Emperor Nero
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Discord Unique ID:
    Sythe's 10th Anniversary Heidy

Emperor Nero Hero
    $5 USD Donor New

Just to Clarify

Sounds like that is what they're suggesting. Making the market impossibly hard for new users. KMJT is pretty much suggesting everyone be damned if you don't already have enough customers to keep your thread permanently at the top. How is that fair?

33. Unread #37 - Feb 28, 2012 at 2:14 PM
  34. kmjt
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

Banned

Just to Clarify

I preach for my customers to take safety precautions when making a transaction. Where have you been the past year when asking for confirmation is appropriate protocol? For all I know they are adding my imposters from my imposter list. If you can't be damned to give your customers a confirmation I suggest you get out of the market.

Since when is a market supposed to be fair in society? You don't see McDonalds limited to X amount of television advertisements because the government wants local burger joints to succeed.

My suggestion isn't unfair at all and i'm sure thats how it was before. There was no problem then and I have no clue why it was ever changed. I started off with my suggested rule and it wasn't hard for me to rise when R2 and king were the only top dogs, i'm sure if new users are legitimate they won't have any problems either.

35. Unread #38 - Feb 28, 2012 at 2:16 PM
  36. Arcus Isidar
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:
    Two Factor Authentication User Shitting Rainbow Tier 1 Prizebox Sythe Awards 2013 Winner MushyMuncher Sythe RSPS Player Le Monkey (2) Extreme Homosex

Arcus Isidar Hero
    Arcus Isidar Donor

Just to Clarify

People without sythe accounts always ask me to post, it's not like the average person knows those logistics.

37. Unread #39 - Feb 28, 2012 at 2:16 PM
  38. freakyhair
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

freakyhair Guru
    $50 USD Donor New

Just to Clarify

What I dont get, is how it's an infractable offencewhen replying "Thanks, nice to do business with you" only a few minutes after the customer posted. The aim of that post is hardly trying to bring up the thread in the forums, since it was only a few minutes since the last post, so it will already be up high..

39. Unread #40 - Feb 28, 2012 at 2:17 PM
  40. just un dude
    Referrals:
    Sythe Gold:

just un dude Hero
    Do Not Trade

Just to Clarify

I'm sure no one will mind if you do it a minute after the customer does.

This wasn't the case though, there were hours inbetween.

< Transfering Money | Scion Bot looking for C# programmers! >

Users viewing this thread
1 guest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Adblock breaks this site